Don't you hate it when they just comment from the paragraph?

by toto555 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I will also use very big words

• piztjw
    piztjw

How bad is it where you're at?

Pretty bad. For example, paragraph one today said, "When Jesus was on earth, he set a perfect example of self-sacrifice. He put aside his own desires and comforts in order to do God's will. (John 5: 30) By remaining faithful to death on the torture stake, he proved that his spirit of self-sacrifice had no limit. -Phil.2: 8

The question was, "How did Jesus set a perfect example of self-sacrifice?"

Simple answer would have been , "By remaining faithful to death for us."

But noooooo....First answer was, "We see that when Jesus was alive on the earth, he was able to set for us a perfect example of self-sacrifice. He did so by putting aside his own desires as a perfect human and the comforts he could have enjoyed, in order to do God's will."

Second answer was, "We also see the perfect examples of Jesus' self-sacrifice by the way he remained faithful, even to the point of death on a torture stake. And by doing that he proved that he had a spirit of self-sacrifice that was perfect and had no limit."

And here I thought that the paragraph had already been read once. Silly me!!

• piztjw
    piztjw

I would only comment if somehow I could insert a commentary or some kind of thinking,

I know what you mean. I managed to get one comment in, which is getting pretty rare these days, on paragraph 11. Question was, "How can we avoid following Saul's bad course?"

My comment was, "In paragraph two the Governing Body lovingly helped us realize that self-sacrifice meant we would have no interests of our own, in favor of only being interested in others, and what they want form us. So unlike Saul who did well for quite awhile and then failed, we would not want to see the areas in our life in which we are doing well, but concentrate on aspects where we are failures, and then work only on those areas."

I kind of threw up in the back of my throat, but seeing sheeples heads bobbing up and down as they sat there with shit-eating grins on their faces was priceless. And they didn't even know that I was being sarcastic about the ever growing need of the typical JW to put themeselves down and destroy each others self-esteem!

• designs
    designs

Late 1990s when we studied the Revelation Grand Climax book (my final book study) I had to comment on the numerous historical errors in the Wt. made on the Bible Students. Finally about half way through I gave up and threw in the towel and never went back.

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I was in, I used to comment, "The magazine says_____," because paraphrasing might give the appearance my words=my agreement.

Then I stopped commenting altogether.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I went today for the first time in 6 years - I promised a relative I would go.

The whole thing was like Coors Light beer. I don't know what the name of the talk was, but it basically just went over Jesus' life. Nothing stood out. Then the WT study - you're right, just regurgitating whatever the paragraph said.

It was really boring. I didn't feel built-up, encourged or happified. I didn't feel anything at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey hummingbird001...I'm sure of one thing you may have felt? That you had wasted two hours of your sunday!?

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Haha, yes! They said I could keep the WT when I went to give it back to the man, but I said No Thank You.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

i love it. cracks me up.

i actually comment directly from the paragraph just to show how stupid they sound.

ill comment for example:

"We never want to associate with anyone who is not a Jehovahs Witness. This Is very dangerous for our spirituality, even talking with our workmates is a danger, we should keep our head down to be on gaurd"

and the speaker is like "ooooh, good point"

• stillin
    stillin

Just hang in there, teenage insider! One fine day it will be YOU up there commending people for making such excellent comments!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit