Gotta love the internet!!

by ILoveTTATT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A.proclaimer - "There's no way that the person writing this in the Watchtower is not doing it on purpose..."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ain't it great that the gb will be vetted on everything they print from now on!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Vidiot - I think (hope?) A. Proclaimer was being sarcastic!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

One reason for dumbing down of public ragazinenes is the ability of the public to fact check. Still the low hanging fruit who get converted are not likely to fact check. Then, once they are in, the real ragazines come out. That's why apostacratic warfare is so important. Don't specifically target Jws, it doesn't work well. Target their coworkers, bible studies, etc. The more non-enemies that battle for you, the better.

DD

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Good point, DD! They have less and less material to lie from!!

The ones in will never or likely never fact-check, but the ones out can be encouraged to think for themselves and not come in!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Good find thanks...

• suavojr
  • johnamos
    johnamos

1-1-03 WT- A THEATER critic for a newspaper once went to see a certain play. He did not much like it and afterward wrote: “If triviality is what you happen to be wanting, by all means go and see this play.” Later, the promoters of the play published an advertisement that featured a quote from the critic’s review. The quote was: “By all means go and see this play”! The advertisement accurately quoted the critic’s words, but it lifted them out of context and thus grossly misrepresented his view.That example illustrates how important the context of a statement can be. Taking words out of context can distort their meaning, just as Satan distorted the meaning of Scripture when he tried to mislead Jesus. (Matthew 4:1-11)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha! Nice, johnamos, I haven't seen that before.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Gwynne Dyer: The 20th century is certainly no worse than the 13th for the mass slaughter, nor than the ancient empires for regimentation.

I'm struggling to understand why the WTBTS omitted this part of the quote!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit