WHY DO ONLY A FEW START TO QUESTION DOCTRINE CHANGES AND NOT EVERYONE?

by disillusioned 2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    There are many on here who state specific changes in WT publications have caused them to start questioning (understandably you would think), and yet the majority don't. Why is it only a few individuals that do this? Curious as to what others think about this. I find myself really frustrated that my family can't see what I saw years ago. If I hadn't questioned years ago I definitely would have now because there are so many changes now. They just can't see, even when I point things out to them.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most JW's are unclear on what they believe anyway. They are conditioned to accept "adjusted understandings" as though such were wonderful clarifications, not for what they truly are, new Doctrines.

They are forbidden to question and to think for themselves.

Just to think WTF ? frightens them, and they will rarely allow such a thought to stay in their mind for long.

They are in a mental prison, where no intellectual exercise is allowed.

They trust that their leaders are leading them in an honest way along the right path, so they have no need to question.

It is very sad.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The majority of people cannot deal with losing faith in the status quo... its too uncomfortable to even consider questioning. This is true in the JW's and most the population, people want to be told what to do and what to think. Only a small percentage never trust the status quo.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

New Light(tm) causes the R&F to think that they have special knowledge and are being given new gems by magic sky daddy. It stops them from going static and keeps them involved with the cult. It's all about feeling special.

I agree with the comments above too.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Unfortunately there are none so blind as those who will not see. Being involved in a religion where to reason for oneself is seen as lessening the authority of those on high ( the governing body ) can cause a state of mind known as cognitive dissonance, resulting in a submission to any new directive by the gb via their publications, even if what is known as ' new light ' contradicts previous teachings which is a common trait of the jw organisation.

Most if not all who participate on this forum are well versed in your quandary. We all hope more will awaken from this mindsnare.

Best wishes.

• Giordano
    Giordano

They apply 'rational ignorance' to every issue. They make a rational decision to not research further then the WT because if they find out something is questionable there is no way they can ask for or get a better understanding.

In the WT study........ the answers....the only answers are presented within each paragraph. You are expected to parrot those answers.......there is no real discussion.

In the publications a doctrinal belief is always presented with circular reasoning buttressed by cherry picked scripture one here or there while the WT publication speculates it's way to a conclusion. You start at 'A' and you wind up back at 'A' all presented as if the truth has been revealed. This is the way Russell did it, Rutherford , Freddy Franz and so on............it's an ingrained corporate culture.

Very few JW's are willing to ask for better.

• Magnum
    Magnum

As Phizzy said, most JWs are unclear as to what they believe. I believe it's getting to be more and more that JWs are clueless. The only thing they are really clear on is the belief that they have the truth. They also view the GB as what it claims to be - the sole link in communication from God to man.

So, as long as the changes come from the org, JWs view them as "new light" progress. They're progressing while the rest of the world remains in darkness. They don't seem to get the fact that any changes indicate that they were previously wrong and didn't have truth.

The few that are disturbed by the changes suppress their feelings for various reasons.

• Simon
    Simon

Most JWs don't really care for the doctrine. They can't explain their current beliefs beyond vague Christian themes of "Jesus is God's son" and the easy unique things such as "we call god Jehovah" and "we're going to live forever on paradise earth".

It simply doesn't matter to the majority. They didn't join because it made sense; They don't leave because some of it changes.

• millie210
    millie210

I did that. I had a lot of family in...the "truth" was our family culture. It didnt seem like a "bad" way of life either...good people, good values.

I had to be hit in the face by running in to a bad experience first hand to make me look hard at the underpinnings of the religion itself.

I have come to think that most Witnesses living their lives and practicing this religion, have very little in common with the GB and the way they practice it.

The average person in the congregation is doing a much better job than the leaders. They just assume the leaders are doing what they are.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WHY DO ONLY A FEW START TO QUESTION DOCTRINE CHANGES AND NOT EVERYONE?

That would require something Most JWs have Given Up....

..........................THINKING..

...........Image result for thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit