The GB are really going out on a limb with this DF decision

by Quarterback 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is how a DO explained the Family Business Policy re relatives of DF/DA members.

He said that the expression, "Necessary Family Business," is really not a scriptural term. It is nowhere found in the Bible. But, out of the kindness of the GB's hearts, they have gone beyond what is written and allowed association among families for necessary business. The GB are not sure if this viewpoint was the right thing to do, but, they hope that Jehovah will be merciful with them and understand.

Aren't they compassionate?

Now, don't you start abusing that.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This is a bit twisted.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

No wonder they are benching all DOs.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't understand "Necessary Family Business," If they want families to shun one another especially if the shunned person has no interest in being a JW. Or ignoring health hardships, or grandparents shunning grandchildren because a parent was DF. Or imminent death and not notifying close family.

It seems to me that necessary family business should be focused on the health amd wefare of family members not something that has to do with finances.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This "Necessary Family Business", is so vague. It is never defined, just warnings for using it. It is open to the interpretation of so many, and it causes so much controversies.

First of all I think that the policy of DF is way off.

• breakfast of champions
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

BOC.....Order in the Court......

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

But, out of the kindness of the GB's hearts, they have gone beyond what is written and allowed association among families for necessary business.

Hmm. What, exactly, IS written? Let's quote from the NWT:

1 Cor 5:9-13: In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, 10 not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”

Why, they're right! There IS nothing written about not shunning family members. Then again, there nothing written about shunning ANYONE, either. The only place shunning comes into play is with the antichrist.

Shunning and "keeping company with" are two VERY different things.

Of course, the other take on the DO's comment can be found at 1 Cor 4:6: "Now, brothers, these things I have applied to myself and A·pol′los for your good, that through us you may learn the rule: “Do not go beyond the things that are written,” so that you may not be puffed up with pride, favoring one against the other. "

So, by the him admitting that the GB is going beyond the things that are written, well.... I think the point is proved.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

He said that the expression, "Necessary Family Business," is really not a scriptural term. It is nowhere found in the Bible.

I say, the expressions "disfellowshipping" and "Governing Body" are also not scriptural terms. They are not to be found anywhere in the Bible.

In these matters also, the leaders of the WTBTS have gone beyond what is written. I'm sure they are not sure if these "viewpoints" were the right thing to do, but I bet they hope that Jehovah will be merciful with them.

• tornapart
    tornapart

'kindness of the GB's hearts' ?.... hmmmmm....and I thought they had hearts of stone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit