Hello!

by Beth Shan 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Beth Shan - My parents are scared to go out for dinner with me and be seen by the elders in the town they live, but they love to come to me and my husbands house and sleep over, shop with me or go for dinner, dances even in a neighbouring city. They admitted they had a problem with the blood fractions policy a few years ago. My dad said that you would have to be a doctor to figure it all out. And that he didn't understand it. I recently confronted my mother about the "mentally diseased apostate" hate speech and she told me that if it "wasn't on JW.org she wouldn't believe it" she had no idea what I was talking about. Accused me of being on an apostate site. I told her I saw it on Youtube, the whole District Assembly transcript. I directed her to the Watchtower that calls us mentally diseased and she sent me back a text that said that I should read from 1 Tim 6:3,4 and that the bible says much worse things about those who do not heed his word...so I left it alone.

Hi Beth Shan, You are very lucky that your parents are willing to associate with you as long as their elders don't see them being with you.

Have you read information by cult-exit counselors like Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visited his website www.freedomofmind.com, and/or watched his FREE videos on his website?

You have many options to help your parents to critically think for themselves, such as:

1. Doing fun activities where they will meet more non-JWs who they share common interests. Reminding them of how much fun they had and who they met to empower their authentic persona to overcome their cult persona.
    2. Overcoming the WTBTS's thought-stopping platitiudes to empower their authentic persona, such as "the bible says much worse things about those who o not heed his word". How would your mother have reacted to you saying "God's word or the Watchtower's word? Have you read Mt 22:37-40? God's word is to love him with "ALL" your heart, mind, and soul to him and nothing is left over for an organization." or "Where in the Bible did Jesus say anything bad about non-believers? But, he did say a lot of bad things about the Pharisees and Sadducees who victimized the Jews."
    3. Learning how to ask simple questions to plant seeds of doubts in your parents.
    4. Getting your parents involved in fun, interesting, and time consuming hobbies that will allow less time for the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Thanks Vampire, wise advice!

Many thanks for the resources and advice Robert!

• clarity
    clarity

GethShan ...hello & welcome from me too!

I am assuming that you are female??

I could be great if you did a step by step

outline to show the how you involved the

authorities regarding your human rights!

Maybe departments, names & numbers...etc

Lovely to have you here!

clarity

• haboob48
    haboob48

Welcome Beth Shan! So glad to see you here!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Hello Beth. I've been a big fan of yours for a long time.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Love the memes. Here's one of my favorites:

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Awesome Beth's here

CSF

• Beth Shan
    Beth Shan

Hey CSF Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It's so nice here!

• tiki
    tiki

welcome - and seriously - chasing a 15year old kid in school?!? crazy!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Beth,
    Hope you enjoy JWN

Here's one of my latest memes that most people here will relate to: ↓

C.O.C

3Mozzies or as you know me on FB 'Max Borgovah'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit