Do you think the nepotism and favoritism will stop with the appointing of elders with the new arrangement?

by toto555 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" he assured me there wasn't any.." LOL!!!! HEHEHEHHAHAHAHA!!! Just like there is no hierarchy.

I really hope Elders and servants get removed more often. The more abusive it gets, the more will leave. The more that leave mean less contributions, which are the life-blood of the org. The ORG's leaders will wonder where all the help went.. Perhaps the sisters will get a turn.

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I hope so too DD, as to the thread title, if there really is any change in reality to the system, I forsee nepotism getting worse, Vidiot put my reaction well above.

With the old system, at least there was a "brake" in that Elders not of the family knew the individual concerned and could freely express reservations to the BOE before the visit, in front of the C.O this is well nigh impossible.

An Elder so doing is going to be seen as harbouring a grudge, or having some agenda at least, he is not going to wish to be seen this way.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I do not foresee any change. The new arrangement basically illiminates the rubber stamp of the Branch.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree with Straightshooter. It also eliminates appeals to the Branch because of a C.O's decisions. WHO YA GONNA CALL?!? NOBODY!!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I just realized; this makes the CO the equivalent of an Archdiocese Bishop.

Data-Dog - "The more abusive it gets, the more will leave."

I keep tellin' you guys; on some level, the heirarchy wants this.

They've realized it's inevitable, and have decided, "you can't quit, we're firing you!", thus paring the membership down to a more manageable size.

And now that they're on the cusp of owning all the KHs everywhere, it'll be that much easier.

• label licker
    label licker

It's going to be the ones who have the money be picked for elders. When they don't meet their monthly tithe, then they need elders who have money to cough up the rest. These dimwits will pay their way to the top ( so they think) just to find out the society will be waiting with their loot bags to catch their hall's money that is oweing. Live entertainment at your best.

• blondie
    blondie

It was explained to me that born-in brothers have been observed over a larger space of time, their families as well, so must be "indoctrinated" better, ha.

Sometimes the only way new blood is brought in is by the hand of the WTS directly or through the CO, thinking that new blood will break up the family stranglehold. Some congregations develop 2 factions that battle and undercut any good idea even resisting the WTS and CO.

So the key is that when the BOEs resist the WTS, they try to break them up. If the suck up to the CO and WTS, all is good.

I knew an elder (regular pioneer) and his wife sent to a rural PA area to takeover. No one came to the KH for 2 months...just the 2 of them. The local jws would not return their phone call or when they came by. Finally the WTS sent a registered letter to the other elders saying if they did not turn up and cooperate, the congregation would be dissolved and the jws there would have to travel 60 miles one way to the nearest congregation. Only then did people start coming.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW!! Dissolve away!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit