Do you think the nepotism and favoritism will stop with the appointing of elders with the new arrangement?

by toto555 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toto555
    toto555

What do you think? Do you think this is a fairer system and brothers who have never gotten a chance at being elder will finally get it since it's up to the CO to decide? How do you think that's going to work? Do you think the favoritism will go away or be marginalized?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

The CO's will still be dealing with the body's recommendations most likely.

So I don't see much difference being made unless the CO throws his new-found weight around.

Have to wait and see what the new procedures will be.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This will turn the whole process into an even bigger ASS-KISSING CONTEST.

C.O.'s will primarily want to promote pioneers, as that is the way the C.O. had to move up the ladder. Since most brothers are not pioneers, they will have to kiss the C.O.'s ass with green handshakes and volunteering to pick up meal tabs and doing the grunge work at assemblies.

The brother who helps the elderly or the children will hardly be noticed or mentioned.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Not only no...but HELL NO!

I predict the BOE will begin to have a massive turn-over every three years as they reflect the personality of the current CO's as they get rotated. Elders are going to burn out even faster as they get kicked to the curb for no other reason than the CO not liking them. Appointments are already the result of nepotism and ass-kissing. It is only going to become more obvious, IMO.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

toto555 - "Do you think the nepotism and favoritism will stop with the appointing of elders with the new arrangement?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... * cough... wheeze *

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i had a meetin with the co about nepotism and some other things some years ago and he assured me there wasn't any

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

oops

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It will be all about numbers how many hours in FS....

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The Watchtower can make this new arrangement a money maker for them. The Watchtower saves money by cutting back money support they give to CO's, and the CO' makes their money by "green handshakes" in exchange for elder appointments.

Why would the Watchtower claim all this time that the former way of appointing elders in the true religion was the proper biblical way guided by holy spirit? That's because the Watchtower is a religious publishing cult run by deluded men who make everything up as they go along.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

What made me see the truth about this organization was how corrupt many of the elders were and are.

I literally have seen it my entire life even as a child. The politics, the power trips and egos, the glory hogs, etc.

It bothered me deeply that this was going on in "Jehovah's Organization". I could not come to grips with it or make any sense of it.

Then it finally hit me.

I always blamed a business's personnel issues on their management. If a climate of back-biting or deceit was present, it usually meant the management was at the least turning their head but more likely that way themselves.

My point is... that the reason there are systemic personnel problems in this organization is because the problem goes all the way to the top.

So this small change in the appointment process will change nothing. It even has the potential to make it worse.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit