Racist comment from Jehovah’s Witness!

by Seraphim23 20 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

About 15 years ago the body of elders inmy wife's cong. wanted to remove one of the elders. Since this elder had given me a study, the BOE thought to give me and my family a lavish dinner so I could spill some beans about the persecuted elder. Long story short. All the males (Latinos mostly from central America), about three elders and two or three ministerial servants and me were ouside talking about everything. The subject all of a sudden turned to how this particular group of people was so lazy. Everybody seemed to agree and chimed in with their own story. My wife and I left the social meeting and within days I sent a letter to the WT referencing this conversation and few other things (long story). The WT wrote back and essentially told me to "mind my own business" in a more gentle vocabulary. However, it was nice to know that few months later, they had in the same BOE a person of this group that was so "lazy". This was a Hispanic congregation in the U.S.. The first language of the new elder was not even Spanish. In fact, it's extremely unusual to see Americans of this group in Hispanic congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit