Racist comment from Jehovah’s Witness!

by Seraphim23 20 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, whether being brought up a JW has made me rail against authority kinda thing.

• James Brown
    James Brown

My comment is: I thought Muslims were a religion not a race.

I have seen muslims in all colors.

I thought color indicated race to a degree. Not religion.

Because I know white blacks and white asians.

And white black people.

Here lately I have been reading there is only 1 race. Human.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

There are probably as many as a hundred colored brethren on the Watch Tower lists, some of them very clear in the truth, and very earnest in its service, financially and otherwise. We have received letters from.several of these, who had intended engaging in the Volunteer work, expressing surprise that in the call for Volunteers in the March 1st issue we restricted the inquiry to white Protestant churches. They rightly realized that we have not the slightest of race prejudice, and that we love the colored brethren with just the same warmth of heart that we love the white, and they queried therefore why such a distinction should be made in the call. The reason is that so far as we are able to judge, colored people have less education than whites--many of them quite insufficient to permit them to profit by such reading as we have to give forth. Our conclusion therefore is based upon the supposition that reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted, and a very small percentage indeed likely to yield good results. We advise, therefore, that where the Watch Tower literature is introduced to colored people it be not by promiscuous circulation, but only to those who give evidence of some ear for the truth. We avoid, so far as possible, putting the pearls of present truth into the hands of the vicious and depraved, whites as well as blacks. Wherever we have reason to believe that people love sin rather than righteousness, we have no desire to remove from their minds any of the shackles which ignorance and superstition have put upon them; rather, we would leave.

DEAR BROTHER RUSSELL:--Possibly you may remember that when I was in Milwaukee some months
    ago I sent you a newspaper clipping regarding a colored
    man in Wilmington who had turned from black to white, through the loss of the pigment under his skin.

I now enclose a clipping from the New York World of Sept. 9th, regarding a similar case at Parkersburg, W. Va. Do you not think these may possibly be granted as illustrations of how the Lord purposes to remove race and color distinctions during the "age of the ages"?

www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1900_Watch_Tower.pdf

[We are not aware that there are many groups of
    negro brethren, interested in present truth, altho we
    have had four offers like the above quite recently. If there are such, they are as welcome as the whites--proportionately to their numbers and intelligent interest--and they
    should send the Pilgrim-request postal cards mentioned
    in Jan. 15 issue, page 2, stating that they are colored.
    Thus we will know and be able to judge.--Ed.]

(1) Question.--Are there any grounds for the belief of some that the negro is one of the lower animals, in the Scriptures called a "beast" and created, like the other beasts, prior to the creation of Adam, who was the first that was called a man?

Answer.--Of course whoever advances such a theory must at least fancy that he has proofs to support it, and frequently the wish to find such proofs misleads the judgment and causes the individual to accept as proofs, matters which would not be proofs
    if regarded in an unprejudiced manner. In our opinion there are no such proofs, but strong testimony of the Scriptures to the contrary. Science has proven that somehow the Creator has fixed boundaries and limitations which hinder the different species from intermingling. Even where the species closely resemble

We are not to forget, either, that Africa is inhabited by various tribes or nations of negroes--some more and some less degraded than the average. Those brought to America

as slaves were of various tribes;--from among whom we doubt not the Lord is making choice of some for the prospective "Royal Priesthood."

While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Aryan) family; and also we should remember that some of the qualities which
    have given this branch of the human family its preeminence in the world are not such as can be pointed to as in all respects admirable.

The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control. It remains to be proven that the similar commingling of the various tribes of Chinese for several centuries would not equally brighten their intellects; and the same with the peoples of India and Africa.

Noah declared, prophetically, that Ham's characteristics which had led him to unseemly conduct disrespectful to his father, would be found cropping out later, inherited by his son,--and prophetically he foretold that this degeneracy would mark the posterity of Canaan, degrading him, making him servile. We are not able to determine to a certainty that the sons of Ham and Canaan are the negroes; but we consider that general view as probable as any other.

the negro is blamed with being peaceable and submissive, and his white brother is credited with being of a higher order, because he is unsubmissive and warlike.

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/docs/1902_Watch_Tower.pdf

DEAR BROTHER.--
    Regarding the article in the Feb. 1 TOWER, "Can the Ethiopian Change His Skin," allow me to say, that I have ascertained by inquiry, from different colored people, that in this small town there are several instances of this change taking place. It usually beginswith a small spot on some part of the body and gradually enlarges, and, strange to say, the individuals are loath to speak of it. My information extends to other communities, and the same experiences are occurring there. This appears to be general amongst the race all over the country. If a general inquiry was made amongst the colored people throughout the country it would be found that this is generally the case. I think that this is one of the many indications of the great changes that will soon take place when our dear Redeemer assumes his power and reigns.

Yours in the service of the loving Master, C. C. SEABROOK.--Kansas.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, I am against the political correctness card of censoring certain comments as "racist" that are not blatant hatred for innocent people. However, the jokehovians pride themselves on being non-racist. They pride themselves as treating everyone the same, whether they are black or white, Asian, Jewish or Gentile, and so on. As with priding themselves with adhering to their damnation book, once you proclaim a certain viewpoint, you bind yourself to that viewpoint. Sure, this could be an isolated comment. But, any racist comment coming from the platform or in a publication, or that is common among the pious-sneers, goes against their proclamation of being non-racist.

And that goes for other issues. Such as global warming. Their rags take the pro-manmade global warming stand, and they are therefore bound to that theory (at least until and unless they publicly confess that such viewpoint was inaccurate and based on faulty science). Yet, they waste huge amounts of gas (and put more carbon dioxide in the air) driving in field circus and to boasting sessions. They also want people driving farther this summer to the Grand Boasting Session--more global warming, according to their own rag articles? Yes, I believe this kind of global warming is wrong. However, that they proclaim it as accurate binds them to that theory. And, would it hurt if they started saving energy, even if global warming was wrong?

What bothers me is that the witlesses publicly proclaim one viewpoint, consistently, and then do things that go against the whole thing. Even the structure of the religion--they claim to be pure xian. Yet, they are in fact half Jewish by practice. They bash the Pharisees for making petty rules, then they bind up the members with heavy rules. Thus, I am sure this racism issue is just another part of their hypocrisy, which is worse than the racism (or the other issues) themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will also add that making this generalization that wearing thick glasses is a sign of sleeping with cousins is itself stupid, racist or not. The last time I checked, very thick glasses are a sign of very bad eyesight, and are an attempt to correct it. Usually, when someone has exceptionally thick glasses, they have bad vision. Occasionally, it can simply be because someone is having fun playing with something as a binocular or microscope (they use very thick glasses to create high magnification in many lines of detailed work, for instance). But, by claiming that all [insert group] sleep with their cousins because of seeing a child of that group with very thick glasses is just plain stupid, racist or not.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Watchtower loves racists. They move up quick.

While I was there I heard racist statements from Sydlik, Barber and Loesch. Then there was Brother Aulicino omg that guy. What is funny they would do it to the face of the person who they were trying to offend. Asian at hte table - make an Asian joke... black guy at the table - make a black joke. Lord help you if you were Polish.

My favorite was Brother Sydlik saying how wonderful it was to watch the BLACK BOYS play ball, the have the strength of animals out there! Just look at them.

• cofty
    cofty

Islam is a religion not a race.

The harmful effects of cousin marriage is a problem in Islam...

"Peter Corry of St Luke’s Hospital in Bradford estimates that among people of Pakistani descent in the city, 55 per cent of whom marry first cousins, the risk of recessive genetic disorders – the type due to related parents – is between 10 and 15 times higher than in the general population. A 2004 study found that 13 out of 1,000 Asian children born in the Bradford area had inherited recessive disorders, which can lead to disabilities” - read more...

• steve2
    steve2

Seraphim23 - well written OP. You sound receptive and genuinely interested in others and, ahem, educated. The "antiseptic" for ignorance and prejudice is education. While the JWs are certainly not alone in their pockets of ignorance, their organization demonises higher education which means individual JWs often harbor lots of prejudices that would likely even embarrass some of their own spiritual brothers and sisters. Speaking of political correctness, the organization's published literature in more recent years has become very sanitized in the way it covers other religions. Gone are the rabidly anti-papal diatribes of even the 1960s and 70s. Whilst Jehovah prepares his murderous chariots to smash humankind to smithereens, the pre-Armageddon air has never smelled sweeter or lovelier.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Doesnt surprise me, you'd be surprised at the hidden feelings a lot of Jdubs have. The racism, homophobia comes out when you try to challenge them on what they believe. And of course, Jehovah is on their side so they couldnt be wrong.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ Jokehovaians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit