Is it true that the GB is soon planning on ditching the 1914 doctrine?

by yogosans14 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween
    inbetween

not now, and not so soon.

everybody now is talking about WW1 on all its consequences on the years after, and how it changed the world. Witnesses just love it, since it confirms their predicted date of jesus reign, even though its soo opposite of what you would expect of jesus rulership...

once 1914 will fade from collective memory, maybe approaching 100 years of WW2, then we will see.....

• kaik
    kaik

I believe that WT will stick to 1914 until 2034 as it will 120 years and the overlapping generations from 1990's would not make sense. The aging JW who remember 1914 generation core doctrine would be dead within next 20 years and newer, younger generation will still with a new light that will tell tham the Jesus returned /will return in year XXXX. They will say wow, and wil admire the true channel of communication with God. They will not care what WT used to say in fifty, hundred, hundred fifty years ago.

• skin
    skin

I remember Sometime during the early 2000s, I was wondered if they were quitely fading the 1914 date because nothing was published about it for some time. Then all of a sudden a WT came out with it in, and 1914 was all go again.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Haven't you heard? 1941 is the new 1914

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

1914-maybe instead of tweaking it, they should try twerking it. Far more entertaining.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

As far as I can see they already have ditched it with the overlapping generations teaching. If they can get people to swallow that, and they have, then they can just keep it rolling on and on. The 1914 ditching has already begun.

Now that they've made the GB the faithful and discreet slave to take any importance away from the remnant who partake every year they could turn the increase in partakers into new light rather than a problem. To replace anointed who became unfaithful in the past or something. That way as long as there are partakers the overlapping generation keeps rolling on and on and who needs to even remember 1914?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well they just mentioned it in a WT article a few weeks ago so can't be anytime soon. When they drop a big one like that they just ignore it for a while then announce the 'greater clarifications' later.

What could we speculate could be the replacement?

• steve2
    steve2

Well a lot of centenarians die within months of their special 100th - so I guess after the last candle is snuffed out, the old boy might breath his last.

• prologos
    prologos

Quarterback, you said 1941, why?

numerology only? or

is it because Germany made the same mistake again move into the attack-mode, invading Russia?

i read somewhere that wt writers were searching for ne start-date, like gagarins flight, the moon-landing. ?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Well the fact that 1914 is based on an incorrect date to start with and an incorrect calculation 1914 has no basis in the bible...so it does need to change...but that fact that as mentioned it is pretty much the keystone of the JW's belief's it's hard to see them change it.

One thing is for sure though, if they do change it and most of the jdubs accept it then the GB have won...because if jdubs accept a change in that then they will accept everything and anything the GB say...

The GB have got away with changing the FDS and the Generation...will they take the risk and change 1914? Their reasoning will need to be pretty convincing...cue terms like "evidently" and "obviously this is what Jehovah meant".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit