One of the dumbest - even nastiest - JW Facebook posts I've seen!

by nicolaou 16 Replies latest social family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Last month a British teacher was tragically stabbed to death in the classroom. Today a member of my extended JW family posts this; check out his 'liked' comment.

idiot

Where do you even begin . . . ?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sorry, nicolau, I don't get it. He's happy that this kind of violence won't always be a problem... besides the wishful thinking, I don't see the issue. Though I don't know what "roll on the final day" means.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I think the point is that there is no compassion show whatsoever! jws just use any tragedy to say "sign of the times" and "come on, armageddon, let's get rid of everyone but us".

• steve2
    steve2

How can you deduce a lack of compassion when the writer laments the lot of teachers? Because you "like" a Facebook" entry does not mean you don't care what happened surely.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hmmm, maybe it's just my take but I saw it like this;

"It's awful that good people are being killed and subjected to physical attacks. Roll on the final day when Jehovah kills billions to end murder and violence".

steve2, I'm not imputing a lack of compassion to this man, just an inability to see how dumb his reasoning is and yes, how nasty his vision of a 'final solution day' really is.

Then again, I could just be overthinking it . . . .

• Laika
    Laika

It's certainly quite strange. Most JWs I know might write something like 'roll on the new system!' Wishing for the final day is a bit different.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I just interpret his statement as "I hope the end comes soon!" Most JWs are not thinking about what the GB expects to happen (mass genocide). I suspect a large percentage of Witnesses actually do not believe that will happen. They know too many good people that do not share their beliefs and they may see the illogic in the teaching of the unrighteous being resurrected if they died before Armageddon but not if they died at Armageddon.

If they reject the idea that all non-Witnesses will die on the "final day", then they only expect the wicked to die then. We don't know what this brother believes, so unless he specifically says something like, "Boy, I look forward to having a lot more free room in the neighborhood after Armageddon," I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

That being said, we also know that many JWs look down on their fellow men as dirty sinners. It seems to me that there's actually quite a schism in thinking among Witnesses -- the high and mighty misanthropes, and the people-loving compassionate ones.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Acts of violence by humanity has been going on for thousands of years , but brainwashed JWS because for their mental indoctrination

think that mankind just started to be violent in the last century.

We surely are living in the last days aren't we .

The reality is acts of violence has decreased in the last two decades around the world.

Of course the mind manipulators at the WTS. would never release that kind of information

because they are trying to control people minds and thoughts.

An exploitation of ignorance played out of power and control.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

@Steve2, I only deduced a lack of compassion from the noticeable lack of comments such as "I'm so glad she's alright!"

The posting and the comments are the usual jw-speak of "look how terrible the world is getting" and "can't wait for it to end". The focus is all doom-and-gloom negativity.

Has nothing to do with someone checking the Like box, it's the tone of the messages. That's all.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i don't see anything nasty about it. i think it's just a desire to see the end of unrighteousness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit