One of the dumbest - even nastiest - JW Facebook posts I've seen!

by nicolaou 16 Replies latest social family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"I don't see anything nasty about it. i think it's just a desire to see the end of unrighteousness" Built on the blood, bones and broken dreams of 7 billion souls. Never let them off that little hook.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Apologies for crummy formating, posting from phone.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"sign of the times"

"roll on the final day"

They're classic JW cliches.

Stereotyped, hackneyed, comments said by people who have never stopped to consider in realistic terms the horror of an actual global apocolypse.

People who think such comments make them sound "spiritual".

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

JW's just don't see that the Armageddon they so keenly await is the biggest, most violent assault on humans EVER. The ignore the violent aspect and just see a shiny new paradise on the other side.

I don't think they see Armageddon victims as real people. More just pawns, maybe. Collateral damage, along with skyscrapers and factories.

It's a truly perverted world view.

-Aude.

• steve2
    steve2

Okay - I kind of get where you guys are comin from. JWs do not see the paradox that their prayed-for solution to human violence is divine violence on a even more destructively massive scale, swallowing billions in one foul swoop. If God kills it's okay - the age-old mentality that hands God the "right" to do what humans get condemned for doing. Shesh!

• KateWild
    KateWild

As a JW I truly believed that all good people would survive armageddon, my parents were never JWs but I thought Jehovah would read their hearts as righteous. When I looked forward to a future I always looked forward to the New System and peace.

I think there are some JWs who act entitled and look forward to the death of millions. Most of them are shaped by this corrupt cult and probably lie a lot to get on in JW land.

Kate xx

• rocketman
    rocketman

I saw some lack of compassion in the comment. It's a "sign of the times". In fact, he says "Yeah the sign of the times", almost nonchalantly.

I will add though that people often post on Facebook and other forums without really taking stock of what they write.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit