Do you eat foods labeled "low-fat"?

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, health-conscious friends:

I had a wonderful cup of Peet's coffee today at a friend's house, but had only low-fat half-and-half to add.

Just isn't the same . . .

What do you eat and drink?

Thanks.

CoCo Consumes Nice Fats

• stillin
    stillin

I like a big bowl of ice cream. Do I get extra points if I put low fat strawberries on it?

• compound complex
    compound complex

It does help, stillin!!!

Are Brownie points fattening?

Keep it up!

CC

• jam
    jam

Eating foods labeled "low-Fat" doesn't do my body any good. I

found it very hard to lose weight because my body and my fat

over the years have become really good friends.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Marketers are shameless, and will mark foods so even if they have always been fat-free. Like fat-free Jell-O, or fat-free celery.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Well, labeled food is usually processed food.

Due to health reasons, my doc wants me on a diet after my physical last week I am officially 10 pounds "overweight" and have high chloresterol and lipids. So, we saw the Dr. Oz May diet. I'm not always a fan of Dr. Oz, but this diet didn't look too bad. I've done this for 4 days, and have lost 2 pounds. So, I am excited. Here's my meal plan.

I eat 3 meals a day and 2 or 3 snacks a day.

My last meal of the day is soup. Homemade. For 4 days, I've been eating homemade lentil soup.

My first and second meal of the day is 20% protein & fat and 80% low glycemic vegetables. Breakfast has been egg white substitute (I know, processed) with alot of vegetables sauteed first. Zuchini, bell peppers, yellow squash. Lunch has been salads with tuna, chick peas, salmon and some dressing.

Snacks are a serving of whole wheat crackers with peanut butter, yogurt, a piece of fruit, nuts.

Spouse made me this water, and it's good. Fill up your blender pitcher with fresh water, add 4 or 5 strawberries, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and juice of a lime. Blend. Drink before and after every meal. It has fiber & antioxidants. Most of all, it's just plain refresing. Drank a buttload today after boating.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Yes, that is me. It has helped alot with lossing weight.All my milk purchases are fat-free. Likewise, my apple juices are HFCS-free.

Scott77

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Foods labeled low-fat tend to have a lot of sugar, unless you just eat things that are naturally low-fat, like veggies and fruit, grains, blah blah blah

I just go ahead and have the real stuff in my coffee. It's only a spoonful, and only three cups a day.

• cofty
    cofty

I agree with Hortensia.

There is no connection between "low fat" and losing fat.

Weight loss = "eat less - move more".

You can't beat thermodynamics, if you consume more calories than you consume your body will convert those excess calories to fat and store them for the famine that never comes.

I think eating healthy and reducing fat in your diet is important, but in terms of weight, your body doesn't care if you eat cheeseburgers or organic vegetables.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

No, never. Fat is not bad for you in reasonable amounts, and they usually replace the fat with sugar, not a good trade off. Avoid trans fats in bad margarine and hydrogenated oil, otherwise just be sensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit