New light?

by Ignoranceisbliss 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This would make sense because our current understanding has never made any sense to me.

Has any one else heard anything about that?

The biggest and most truthful understanding of the stories of the bible such as the new world order after

Armageddon is that its fictional.

Twist fiction all you want to suit your own imaginative needs and desires but its still fiction.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

wait....what? the dubs seriously said that the resurrected would not have genitals? where the heck do they come up with this stuff????

i have just been learning about jw for the past year...my h is a born in who was inactive when we married. i recently became an unbaptised pub and was aiming for baptism at the dc. i am so freakin glad i found ttatt before getting baptized. this stuff is so crazy!

• designs
    designs

HT- based on the verse the angels are sexless (even though they are portrayed as males). Castration was a religious ritual in some cultures. Sex, and sexual desire, was viewed as lustful and sinful in many of these ancient cultures. Saint Augustine made himself angel-like because of his warped view of human sexuality.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My father who is an elder with decent organizational connections mentioned

that very soon there would be "new light" regarding the resurrected being able to be married.....Ignoranceisbliss

............................ Decides Whether Dead People Can Marry..

.................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• metatron
    metatron

I remember a Woody Allen joke from Sleeper. "you can't do that to my brain, it's my second favorite organ".

I don't know about the current HQ but the old GB deliberately "de-emphasized" this doctrine and tried not to say much about it because it has damaging effects on young people in the Organization. They were stuck with it, although Ray Franz may have thought about some way to get rid of it, while he was on the GB.

At one point, it got so bad the Writing Staff was quietly moving towards eliminating ALL mention of childbearing in Paradise but they discreetly reversed this in either the 'Kingdom' or the 'Knowledge' book. (can't remember which - this is ancient history)

It encourages bad marriages (which is the last thing Witless kids need). 'If I get killed, I'll never have sex ever - not even in the New World"

metatron

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I posted comments about this here on a thread about the same subject (marraige in the millennium).

• fakefading
    fakefading

HeyThere - Happy to hear you found TTATT before getting baptized. So happy for you! :-)

• SAHS
    SAHS

This idea of people not being allowed to marry after they are resurrected is certainly NOT what I have understood all this time. (And I’m a born-in!)

Luke 20:35-36 states: “But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.” (NIV) This scripture must be referring to the anointed, because apparently only they are automatically considered to be “God’s children” upon their final sealing and resurrection – which is the first resurrection. This is in line with what Revelation 20:4-6 states: “I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.” (NIV)

However, the other sheep (including the great crowd and the ones to be resurrected on earth during Christ’s Millennial Reign) apparently will not actually become “God’s children,” or “come to life” (i.e., attaining perfection), until after passing the final test when Satan is let loose for a little while at the end of the millennium.

So, therefore, both those above scriptures in Luke and Revelation would logically point to the anointed.

Also, consider this: the drawings depicting life in the “new system of things” show families – including couples and children. Furthermore, my mom, who has been a die-hard JW since the 50’s, to this day keeps telling me that it’s better for me not to get married until after Armageddon. From my experience in the JWs, I am guessing that by far most JWs are unaware of any prohibition against marriage in the “new system.”

As for a JW whose spouse dies before Armageddon, sure that particular marriage bond would officially be broken in death, but who the heck is to say that they could not eventually get married to their lost spouse again in the new system? Whether one or even both marriage mates die before Armageddon, why couldn’t they get another crack at their marriage? I mean, I would think that they would have to be considered suitable if they were already married before, wouldn’t they?

This whole idea of being forbidden to marry after the resurrection, and certainly the idea of being resurrected without genitals like some kind of Barbie dolls, must be the most ridiculous and asinine things I’ve heard of yet!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

You sir, are a prophet. Want me to sacrifice this dog to you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit