New light?

by Ignoranceisbliss 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

My father who is an elder with decent organizational connections mentioned that very soon there would be "new light" regarding the resurrected being able to be married. This would make sense because our current understanding has never made any sense to me. Has any one else heard anything about that?

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    Luke 20:35-36

New English Translation (NET)

35 But those who are regarded as worthy to share in that age and in the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 In fact, they can no longer die, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

These words of Jesus make a lot of sense if we consider a spiritual and not carnal resurrection .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ha!

This old classic!

Too many witnesses are harboring their own thoughts on this topic, so it will be a decisive change designed just to keep the average witness happy when or if they change this teaching!

It will all be concluded by a comment like : "of course we cant be exactly sure, but we know our loving father will always ensure that we are happy...bla blah....will have to wait and see when we get into the new world".....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yes, as wolfman85 said above, the scripture was always talking about those in heaven anyway.....

READ THE CONTEXT WT instead of plucking a scripture out of thin air

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

What is the current understanding? It's that we won't be able to be married, right? I knew a lady in our hall who believed she would be married to her 2nd dead husband, even though the bible said otherwise. What would the "new light" on the subject be?

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It's been pointed out a few times over the years, that Jesus was speaking to thise with the heavenly hope, but have never come right up and said it like above.

Dwain

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

if this is legit it will be in the next wt. I think that would be the august study edition.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh so loving of them to give their permission to the "resurrected ones " to marry.

I suppose it will be them who decides who gets resurrected aswell.

They really think they are God. Delusional.

Even when I was just as delusional it seemed screwy to think in the new world there would be all these resurrected ones that could'nt marry.

Would they have get an R tattoed on their forehead so nobody tries to hit on them.

Ridiculous.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

New light: The dearly departed are still alive in Jehovah's memory.

Newer light: If a spouse dies, they are still alive in Jehovah's memory, so widows/widowers can't remarry because their spouse isn't 100% dead.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This would make sense because ...

It might make sense if there actually was going to be a resurrection.

What anyone trying to hone their critical thinking skillsshould notice is this: it is unprovable!

The WTBTS offers hope based on unprovable, unverifiable claims. It's vapor. In exchange, they demand very real obedience. The consequences of disobedience are severe: disfellowshipping and shunning. The spiritual and emotional equivalent of the death penalty.

They make empty promises but require real performance. Classic con-game material.

Let's review: This is a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit