Babylon the Great is the BIGGEST Harlot!

by The Searcher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Leaving quietly, it's not about being baptised into a religion, it's the fact that you can't participate in the sacraments of baptism and the Lord's supper without a community of believers. By any normal definition that's a religion.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"Babylon the Great" was common code among Christians in the first century for "Rome", the persecutor of Christians and promoter of caesar worship. That's why Paul wrote from "Babylon", why 666/616 is the numeric code for Nero, why the harlot sits on seven hills (17:9), etc.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I see your point, Laika. I agree with it from that angle.

I was thinking of "religion" more as "denomination", which is a really polite way of saying "sect". Paul was warning against forming sects and dividing Christ that way.

• kaik
    kaik

I find it entertaining that JW claims to be the closest to original Christianity yet they teach nonsense that was invented by Catholic church like idea of original sin and adam failure that spreads out to the rest of the humanity. A concept that does not exist in Gospel, Jews do not believe it, it violates OT, and early Christians were not aware of this doctrine until St. Augustine. This is one of the many fiasco of JW lies.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasn't the Tower of Babel (Babylon)... well... a tower?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit