We thought it might be Armageddon when...

by cultBgone 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

9/11 certainly.

One odd 'brother'(tm) did try to start armageddon(tm) himself. He set fire to some skips (that's dumpsters to you cousins across the pond). Surprisingly it didn't work. He just ended up being sectioned.

Jehovah(tm) does move in mysterious ways!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

No later than December 31, 1975 just like I was told!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

[x] 9/11

I was driving to work when I heard about the second tower being hit and other planes crashing... for a split second I had JW panic that washed over me.

"It's starting."

I wanted to turn around and go back home (I should have). Instead I went ahead to work and had the same kind of day most others had; everyone glued to TV screens and Internet trying to figure out WTF was going on.

Some very scary moments in that day.

Phae

• scary21
    scary21

Joyful made me remember 1990. I also was scared and thought this could be it, the big A. By the mid 90's I was mentally free.

One time around 1978, I was sleeping in bed when water on my face woke me up. I was about five or six feet from the open window but it was raining so hard that it was raining on ME....The rain was raining sideways straight to my bed.

I got up, ran downstairs and opened the front door. The sky was a strange green color, bright green. I have never seen anything like it.

It took all of my strength to get the door closed. It was sooo scary. I thought for sure this is it. It has come .The big A is here.

Then it just seemed like I thought "oh well" because I did not feel panic or anything. I just sat down on the couch waiting, after all what could I do?

I do remember when it passed I was happy I could live another day, month, year ? The sad life of an unworthy ,confused ,24 year old born-in.

CultBegone, I can imagine 9/11 would have been an almost for sure lead into the big A for people still mentally in.

A JW I knew that wanted to have a baby decided to wait until the new system. All because of 9/11. Her bio clock would be just about run out now.I hope she changed her mind before it was to late.

Sherry

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I didn't think it, but many JWs thought it was AIDS in the early 80s.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The ONLY time I thought that the world was coming to an end is when Ronald Reagan was being sworn in as the 40th President of the United States and for some reason I was watching it on television. OF COURSE I thought 40 was a magical number. I was *grumble grumble* years old, too little to be left at home by myself, but I was... and I ran outside and there was an approaching storm that was gathering, and I FREAKED OUT.

Later, after a brief rain and the inagural ball I realized it was a false alarm - and I never discussed it with my parents (they didn't seem to even notice we had a new President), although if we are going to think in context, the omen was more about how Reagan handled the AIDS situation than anything else. I went about that year disappointed... and never felt that emotion again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit