Millions Now Living Have Never Lived So Well

by Bob_NC 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

That's right, millions now living are living during the best of times for humanity. But aren't these critical times hard to deal with? Aren't these the last days of a dying wicked system of things. For some 3rd world and impoverished areas, yes. But for most of humanity, no!

History before the 1700s is full of horrible wars where millions were killed. Entire civilizations were wiped out by plague and disease. Even rudimentary health care was unheard of. Rats, squalor, and sickness were a part of every community.

Today humans have the highest life expectancy ever. Infant mortality in developed areas is the lowest in recorded history. Even remote areas have access to vaccines and basic health services. Poor people have running water and houses that was unheard of only few hundred years ago.

Every single human is not doing well, but millions now living live far better than humans have ever experienced before now.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This is one of the things that gets me going! SO many of the faithful complain, complain, complain about how hard life is during these 'last days'.

They complain that the convention hall is too hot or too cold, that the internet is evil, that all we hear about is bad news (because they're glued to CNN or Fox News 24/7), that their kids or grandkids aren't staying in the 'truth', that their aches and pains have become unbearable (they can't make the meetings or field service), they're broke or don't have any retirement (because the evil government has stolen their Social Security), they are so depressed that can't stop taking their Zoloft, Paxil, Cymbalta or Wellbutrin...

A real mess...

• Magnum
    Magnum

I've been saying that for years. A year or so ago I told two elders that I didn't understand how we could say these are the most critical times in all human history. I said that if I had to choose any time to be alive, it would be now. They looked at each and laughed as if they knew exactly what I was talking about.

There's a documentary on the History Channel or one of the other similar channels about the Little Ice Age (beginning around 1350). Life was horrible and bleak - all about just surviving. Most babies didn't live long. Adults lived half as long as we live today. There was rampant starvation, sickness, injustice, pain, horror, misery, etc.

Think of all the horror of the plagues. Think of the time when there was no local pharmacy or Walmart. No aspirin. No relief for toothaches (which can be excruciating), no relief for the misery of itching, etc.

Imagine getting a minor infection on the foot, and instead of swallowing a few readily available antibiotic tablets, watching the infection slowly spread up your leg and cause your body to stink and fester until it kills you.

Imagine the wars back then - close quarters hacking, stabbing, and chopping - with no medical or pain relief for the injured survivors - survivors with gashes, punctures, etc.

Imagnine the horrible tortures employed back then; I cannot even comprehend how humans could do such things.

And yet, we now are living in the worst time of all??? I wonder how many JWs who say that would like to swap conditions now for the those existing back then.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Magnum... Your last paragraph. What an interesting thought to ask someone who is still "in" and believes WT lies.

Ask them, "If it is so bad now, which decade or century would you like to go back to?"

I would think it would shut them up, yes... but would it make them think?

Everyone is an individual. What helps one wake up, might not help another.

LoisLane

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The planet has been a dump ever since Christi-SCAM-ity started. Its roots of Judaism started degrading our planet, and Christi-SCAM-ity and Islam finished trashing our culture. Those three programs (programs leading to communism, by the way) have stood in the way of science. This peaked during the inquisition, when everyone not in one of those three programs was slaughtered. Ignorance under Christi-SCAM-ity ruled, and this created the mess of disease and superstitions. The cat lick church owned everything, and people were treated as slaves.

Any jokehovian that thinks the worst is here ought to look back into that period. Crime? Back then, it was normal to be robbed during trips. Tyranny? Back then, you were under the cat lick church, and could be burned at the stake for anything that went against their doctrine. No "Three Hail Marys" back then. Just death. Yes, it is headed back into that--this time, communism. Yes, political correctness is once again threatening to stifle freedom, science, and spiritual advancement. But, the planet was once there--Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam all took away freedom and are step-offs to full communism. And the cat lick church once had the world under this condition, which is almost identical to communism.

• alanv
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Millions Now Living Have Never Lived So Well

Damn right . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

WTWizard,

The Abrahamic faiths do not lead to communism. Besides, communism exists in ;the Christian community at the beginning of Acts, an account that rarely makes it in the Lectionary. These faiths have fought communism. The role of the Russian Orthodox Church was celebrated in the West. It was the strongest opponent to communism. It is unfortunate that it has given support to Putin.

Sometimes I wonder where you were taught basic history.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Whenever it is that they are saying Peace and Security...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The Witnesses single minded focus on the bad in the world keeps them from seeing the good, and enjoying the life they have right now. Every negative news event confirms their bias, so is dwelt upon. Every good thing is discounted or ignored, so it's a self fulfilling prophecy. It's nit unique to the Jaws, but they have perfected it into an art form. Life is good, but they are too busy going to meetings and knocking on door to appreciate or enjoy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit