Millions Now Living Have Never Lived So Well

by Bob_NC 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Doesn't the Bible predict that obesity would be part of the Sign of the Last Days?

• lrkr
    lrkr

This is a thesis that even non-JWs have trouble with. The world is better than it has ever been before- by all measurable metrics. The problem is that 3 major opinion makers- policians, news media and religion all have a vested interest in us hearing about the worst of our world- the most devastating, the most macabre, the most terrifying.

The actual problem that we face now is that there are no diseases, natural disasters, wars, etc that regularly kull the human population- so we are in real danger of overpopulating!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LoisLane - "Ask them, 'If it is so bad now, which decade or century would you like to go back to?'"

I had a moment like that with my JW mom; we were having a conversation in which she was making not-so-subtle attempts to persuade me to become active again, and she commented on how hard living in the present day was...

...and I asked her, "well, when would you prefer to live? In the Old West? The Middle Ages?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit