420/Marijuana/Mary Jane - What Is The Society's Stance Now That It's Legal In Two States?

by Sam Whiskey 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Sorry if it's already been discussed (I did do a search and did not see anything recent) here on the board. Now that 420 has been legalized in Washington and Colorado, what is the Society's stance on this? Is it viewed the same as alcohol, taken in moderation?

I have no interest in the stuff, just curious how the younger (or older) JW's will interpret it's legality.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

As I understand it it's sort of a don't ask, don't tell kind of a thing when it comes to legal medical use as of now. Still no smoking it though. As far as recreational use I imagine it's about the same, but I don't know for sure.

• prologos
    prologos

tabacco is legal too

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Good point Prologos...

• fakefading
    fakefading

The branch would never make it ok for recreational use.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

It makes zero sense. There's two reasons why it's 'wrong' for JWs.

-Illegal. This argument of course falls apart because it's now legal in two states and it's permitted for medical use in a few more.

-DEMONS. Yes, smoking weed can open your mind to demonic influence. However, it's apparently OK to use under a doctor supervision since it's OK to use opiates when prescribed by a doctor. This makes no sense whatsoever. When I go to light up does a demon stop to check if I have my medical MJ card? Probably not. He's not going to care. So if the demon thing reallllllly was a thing, weed and all narcotics should be forbidden to JWs.

It's just another case of old white men being old white men.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Yes, tobacco is legal. As far as I'm aware there's no ban on it from the society for using it for medicinal uses such as bee stings, cancor sores, rashes, toothaches etc. etc. Tobacco has a natural antiseptic quality. My grandma, a life long pioneer, always kept a pouch around for such purposes, and she even administerd it to my PO elder uncle a decade or so ago at a family gathering when he was stung by a wasp.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When "the judge" Rutherford wanted to drink booze, it was ok. When NH Knorr wanted to marry, it was ok. When Loushe and Morris wanted to be THE FDS it was ok. If any of the current or future gb members 'need' medical mj, it will be ok. Okay?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• designs
    designs

Tobacco, exactly.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Tobacco, exactly what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit