how long before you felt refreshed and new?

by losingit 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

When I need humor, old Friends episodes never fail me. I hope things impRove soon for you.

• ammo
    ammo

Hey Losing It, I love the name its so accurate to so many that have left...

I've written to you now 3 time's and lost it, grrr I have to go to tafe now, but quickly Frasier is so funny, to me anyway, and keep going , it take's time, be kind to yourself but also make little goals for the day, you will feel better getting up,showering and being gentle but firm in the resolve to do little things initially, my self talk after I left and when In, was so derogatory no wonder I could'nt pull it together, love you as you do your kids, no guilttrips, you've left and this is the next stage, you've studied and know that things need hard work, and perserverance. There's no silver bullet.

Go back to therapy it'll help even just to get you motivated and get some baggage off you. be thankful you have your kids and your new man,and do what humans have been doing for ever, fight for a better way to live, I will try to send you a pm over the weekend, I just wanted to say I hear ya, where you are like so many here that have muddled- initially - through and are now reaping the rewards of a guilt/shame free life that really does get better and better with time.

Sorry if sounds all pollyanna on crack, I have been down and flat and isolated.... all of it, but now..... 3 yrs later.... I'm likeing life, making friends, and doing things, good things I would never have thought possible or acceptable as a JW.... GO FOR IT!!!

• SophieG
    SophieG

It's all part of the process of shedding a lot of the negativity of living under control. We lose it when the leave that Thing. Then other areas in our lives pop up that we THINK we can't control. Our reality is really based on how we think.

That's why I suggest therapy and if necessary meds to help stabilize you so you can think a bit more clearly. A good therapist especially one who understands our background can help one think differently about things. I talked my butt off in therapy and I got to HEAR how I thought about things, which helped me change how I DID things. I also learned the only control I have is of myself, my thoughts actions and emotions.

But the main thing that propelled me is DESIRE to live the best life I can. It forced me to ask myself how would I go about it. Then answers came over time!

It's a process Losingit, just remember that. There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you keep in mind you're making progress to that light each day, you'll be surprised to see in a years time that you'll be in a different place.

Take it from me. Abused JW spouse, clinically depressed, medicated, suicidal, exhausted to now FREE, content and happy, no meds and a zest for life!

It will happen. Just keep pushing for the best life you can imagine!

*no longer fading. Living out loud*

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do you have a friend/family member to help you get to the md's office? I hope you do. If you can't wait for the md appointment, there are warm lines and emergency roooms.

• losingit
    losingit

SophieG-- wow! I love what you shared! Yes, I'm slowly coming out of it and I know that I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a process, definitely, I'm just so tired. The more I hear of other people's experiences and how they came out of depression, the better I feel about what's up ahead. This is tge first time in my life where I have no idea what's going to happen next. I have no plan for the future at all. So besides feeling tired, I'm also scared.

BOTR--I've got my appointment set for Tuesday.I'm definitely going. No worries there. I have to get myself together.

• losingit
    losingit

Phaedra-- i also appreciated what you wrote, sharing your experience. To have a sneak peek at what's up ahead to have some sort of clue about what's coming next and then to be able to plan for it. Some ppl are so privileged and blessed , they have no idea! I'm happy with what I have-- I'm just seeking more security.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Hang in there! I used to feel so tired too... But it really gets better! Now I don't feel tired! I feel ALIVE! Much love to you!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit