What do you do when your job makes you wanna puke your face off?

by Julia Orwell 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah, I've done some pets on commission. I hope you liked my page! I've also done some landscapes for my brother. Please share my page or commission a piece. I need more publicity.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

JULIA!!! Why are you wasting your time teaching when you have such an amazing talent??? Girl, you need to get busy promoting yourself!

Everyone, check out her FB page:

Art by Sheree Stokell

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Confidence is a HUGE issue. Fear of failure is so strong it makes me not want to try. But I'm sure I'll get there one day.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

You sound like one of my daughters who is amazingly talented but seems to think her creations are just so-so.

I'm thinking that once you learn to LOVE yourself, you will see how wonderful you are. But I definitely need to find relevant marketing strategies for you so that's on my list.

(((((big hugs)))))

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Aww that's so cool of you!!!

• DJS
    DJS

Julia,

Is it teaching that you hate or teaching kids that you hate or teaching kids but without the support you feel you need to do a good job that you hate or a combination of all? I've been an adjunct prof at 2 local colleges in the past, but I could not teach high school, grade school, etc. because I do not want to deal with the issues you describe. I don't teach now because my job requires a lot of travel, but love it and miss it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Your Golden Bengal cat is beautiful. You have a real gift.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I teach Middle School. I drink profusely.

• label licker
    label licker

Julia, the greatest prison people live in, is the fear of what other people think. You have a talent therefore put it to use. Forget what others think and focus on you and your talents. I think the biggest failure we ever saw was not ourselves but the society promoting it and trying to instill it into all of us. They are the failures for we walked away from their abuse. You go girl:)

• kaik
    kaik

Bad job with horrible bosses, coworkers, and high stress will have terrible effect on anyone mind and health. If staying at work 40 hours in week which turns into hell, it can be probably the most difficult part of the life. The best way is to find another job and quit. At this economy it is much harder, but there is no reason to stay years in stressful job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit