Abiogenesis takes another step forward.....

by snare&racket 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Great article snare! Interesting to see what else is on the horizon.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Ps i really like the way Perry gives answers that are untestable scientifically...like "or, it suggests an intelligent designer".

But if God created all things just so, the Bibles in shambles mate. Dinosaurs, cruelty to animals and children, global flood, four corners of the earth, earth is round (not a sphere?).....need i keep going?

Talk about bias. Hmph

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Life cannot be resolved into a set of equations. What is that 'something' that pushes the single cell to replicate, that cause plants to grow towards light, that cause animals to produce their kind and care for them till they can survive on their own? I think it's more of a 'consciousness' thing. And ever expanding something.

• cofty
    cofty

What is that 'something' that..
    a) pushes the single cell to replicate,
    b) ...cause plants to grow towards light,
    c) ...cause animals to produce their kind and care for them till they can survive on their own?

Are you asking those questions in a rhetorical sense speargrass55? There are fascinating answers for all of them if you are interested.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nowadays we all can learn to be protein folders. https://fold.it/portal/

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Are you asking those questions in a rhetorical sense speargrass55? There are fascinating answers for all of them if you are interested.

Yes, thank God (ironically or seriously) for science, because we don't have to just shrug and say, "Life is a mystery!" Humans are the animals that study and change their environment. Well, some of them do.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

EVERYONE should have simply said "wow" or "Cool!" to this humble human discovery.

Wow!Cool!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

lol lisa... indeed! It is a scientific discovery, nothing more.

Speargrass, why speculate? Why guess? Why not find out based on answers we have discovered for some time now. Science has answered most of your questions mentioned, already. There is no need to make up an answer. Especially a vague, non scientific, unhelpful answer such as 'consciousness did it'.

If you really want to know why and how cells replicate, go read upon RNA, DNA and meiosis and mitosis. Want to know why plants face the sun, go read up on photosynthesis and the 'z scheme' of energy trsnsfer.

If you REALLY want the answers to your questions, ignoring that the answers are easy to find in 2014 and you haven't sought them, go buy a textbook! The reality is...the answer exists, ask yourself why you don't know it....IF you truly seek it...big IF.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Saving to read later.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

@snare. I stand by what i said . Life can't be explained by a set of simple equations. Most of what you have talked of is the how. There's also the why and that's what I'm about. That inorganic molecules get transformed into organic molecules outside a cell doesn't necessarily make abiogenesis a law. It's just another theory with lots of unknowns. I lean heavily toward biogensis.

@agnophobos. I'd love answers lf you have any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit