Bible Atrocities

by Trapped in JW land 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

ColdSteel, no matter how you turn it, you are left with God being an impotent monster killing for pleasure or a potent monster killing for pleasure.

Why in the world would you worship someone that loves so much killing?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

And don't forget he likes the smell of Barbecue so you have to kill animals lots of them.

• Comatose
    Comatose

God provides young pagan virgins for his people. How nice of him.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

God thought Adam and Eve should fall....there was no other way for them to reach glory than to condemn all humans to sickness, suffering, murder, torture, etc etc etc? God seems lazy and indifferent at best.

• cofty
    cofty

I believe very much in Jesus, and Jesus certainly thought of Adam as a real person - Cold Steel

Yes, the dead carpenter believed a lot of silly things.

Believing incredible things because you are afraid of death is no way to live.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So the bible says a few times that "god is the same yesterday, today and into the future". "He doesn't change etc..."

So, how can we live in an enlightened time, based mostly on the premises of "Christian teachings and morality", and yet look at such contrary accounts as being 'OK'? Would yew be ok allowing someone to act in a similar way in our society, just because they say they have "gods blessing"? NO! They would be punished....

Also, 'cold steel', if you are trying to be a good Christian witness and defend such accounts on a forum like this, you have already disobeyed the very same god (and his supposed organisation) by even discussing matters on an "apostate" website forum!

What are you trying to prove?

Desperate for some field service time hey?

Pathetic ... Trying to defend such atrocities!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I can’t imagine any atheist feeling ebullient about his or her realization that there is no God. They may feel some relief that they can live their lives free of any guilt over the most heinous acts imaginable and not have to worry about eternal consequences in an afterlife, but I’d think ultimately facing the last moments of life, when they can expect the lights to go forever out on their existence, would be a terrifying transition.

There you go, spouting the same ignorant crap about Athiests. No one is an Athiest because they want to do heinous acts, but only because they see no proof that God exists. It has nothing to do with morals at all, I find most Atheists to be quite moral. There are plenty of Christians that do heinous acts, the prisons are full of them.

And why would I suddenly start believing because I was dying? It's like saying I will start believing in the Easter bunny because I am dying. Your beliefs don't mean anything to me. I have lived my life with integrity, I am not afraid of dying.

One thing you said is true, I was not ebullient when I realized there was no God, but only because I then realized I wasted most of my life living in fear of hell or Armageddon for no reason.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Oh the morality issue.

Here is one for you then!

You are good because there is a God who will eith 'chastize you', send you to hell, kill you at Armagedden... take you pick. You also need a book to tell you to be moral.

Amazing.

Athiest are good because they WANT to be good.

It is the believer that is shallow.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Very insightful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit