The Demons love the Watchtower !!

by AndDontCallMeShirley 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This reminds me of an old JW urban legend I'd heard a few times, about an alleged homeless guy who'd been constantly tormented by "demons" wherever he went (read: schizophrenia). He'd go into various churches for relief to no avail, but when he finally - as a last resort - entered a Kingdom Hall, they suddenly left him alone (naturally, he became a faithful JW).

The unspoken (and ocassionally not-so-unspoken) moral of the story was, of course, that the Kingdom Hall - being the TRUE house of God - protected him from those nasty demons...

Even when I was still in (and pretty much believed), this story seemed iffy to me, and the very last time I heard it (after a Bookstudy group), I finally came right out and said so.

When asked why, I replied, "The demons' ultimate goal is to undermine our faith, right? Well, if I were a demon, I'd act strategically, and stop pestering the guy after he'd entered the "wrong" church." (i.e. "false" religion)

You could have heard a pin drop, and jeezus h. christ, you should have seen the looks on some of those faces...

I'll tell you right now, nobody in my BS group ever told that stoopid story again (at least in front of me).

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Very intersting find! This shows how low one can go in trying to prove "we are God's chosen people." But in the process they unwittingly collaborate with demons.

Interestingly, the same tactics could be found in Bible too. Gospel writers presents demons as prime advocates of Jesus--when they leave their victim they usually declare to Jesus: "I know who you are, you are the son of the Most High, you have come here to destroy us even before the time ..."

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Good catch DCMS!

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

wow...just wow! the more i learn about the history of the dubs, the more i wonder how they have been successful enough to have millions of belivers. it is so sad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit