Aren't You Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Then why are we here?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i don't feel glad that my life was based on the great tribulation starting imminently and the effect that it had on my life then losing the belief after spending so many hours sitting at the hall listening to boring speakers. or the effect that it continues to have when i talk about it.

i would rather that it was true. in some ways.

admittedly i always pictured after armageddon as being like some big picnic with the congregation, something that i never enjoyed. My father as a patriarchal elder controling the family and lots of restrictions and a big pile of rocks kept handy for transgessions.

but recently i had a conversation with a witness and in some ways i did feel glad.

i found it hard to find a starting point for the conversation without disagreeing. it brought back memories of the many nights that i couldn't sleep after a meeting and i felt glad i no longer have that. Or the medication by the side of my bed or that i never made my children sit for three hour sessions when they were preschool at four day assemblies.

so i sort of have mixed feelings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit