Aren't You Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I am so happy to be out of the cult. I would NEVER go back!

I don't know some still could accept this religion, be here, regularly and not just get out.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Minimus, SOOOO GLAD TO BE OUT! I'm not da'd or df'd, just out. Their drama is their drama, not mine.

But it took me about a year to join this site and a year after that to start posting. Those teachings can be pounded in pretty deep.

A relative of mine who is born-in has trouble thinking of coping on her own, she is so used to the structure that she is scared to think for herself.

EVERY DAY OUT IS BETTER! LIFE IS GOOD!

DON'T BELIEVE THE PROPAGANDA, PEOPLE, AND STOP DRINKiNG THE KOOL-AID!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I'm certainly with you there:

- My oath, it is a "happifying" expereince to be clear of that lot!

Bill.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

I was a born-in. I just wish I could completely scrub my brain. Some of it never truly leaves you.

I'm trying to get my family out. NO success. They're very devout. My mom started texting me earlier with some scriptures to look at that prove some stuff about the 'paradise'. Which they didn't. But she was doing this because I asked how it would be paradise if you have to....bury bodies, clean up rubble from billions of destroyed houses and buildings, rebuild houses, preach to the resurrected, etc. for who knows how long. I told her that if the JWs are taught they will have to rebuild the earth, doing all this will take hundreds of years before the paradise is as depicted in the literature. And during this time, where will they all live, how will they have medications since there would be no pharmacies or pharmaceutical companies...perfect health isn't instant and people need medications just to stay alive. Perfection in general isn't immediate so this paradise earth will still have sin and death... you get the picture. Her proof scriptures were silly. I ended up calling her and showing her a few scriptures of my own that throw out some WT teachings. She ended up completely cutting me off and telling me a) I'm a stupid apostate and b) she and the rest of my JW family will not be speaking to me anymore if I can't say very nice things about the WTBTS. So sad when your family loves the Satan-backed organization more than the family member that loves them no matter what.

So anyway, I am HAPPY to be out. I'll be much happier if they ever learn TTATT and get out too.

• minimus
    minimus

Amen, brothers.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Happy as Larry, that's me!!!!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Yes because reality is so much harder at times but worth it.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I'm glad too, I've been reminiscing lately and it dawned on me how little I used to think for myself. Leaving was liking being born and getting a fresh new start.

• minimus
    minimus

It is like a breath of fresh air. Thankfully, most of us understand that it is a cult.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I am glad that I am not active in it, mentally and physically.

The wife is active in it and I try to passively discourage her.

We are visiting family and friends next week. I am considering how I can talk to people. If they ask, how is my congregation, I am going to tell them about how things are not like they were when I was their 10 ro 20 years ago. Nothing is like it was in the 80s or 90s. The only book used is the Reasoning book, the most senior GB member is Loash, Loush, Lush, whatever.

Things used to be fun, now it is all organizational. It is all business related.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit