Aposate crashes the memorial!

by Batman89 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

it's weird how the speaker carries on without any acknowledgement, just keeps droning on.

Pretty much what they do at any meeting when there is a "disturbance." We had a sister drop from a heart attack and there was a little flurry of people "helping" her but the speaker just kept talking. Someone (not authorized by the BOE) called 911 and the attendants tried to get her to the door for the ambulance instead of letting the EMTs come into the building and disturb the meeting.

• trujw
    trujw

Yeah sorry to say that did nothing but give 80 people something to actual look at and get excited about from that snooze fest of a waste of time.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sadly I don't think he acheived much. The sister he was chatting to about 80's music looked pretty scared though. Talking to JWs when they want to preach is when we'll get a listening ear not during a meeting.

I have to say this though if it was cathartic for him, then I can understand why some make public statements and try to tell the public it's a fake.

Kate xx

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

It kind of gives credence to the idea that "apostates" are a bit off. I remember seeing the ones picketing the conventions...excuse me, regional assemblies. Wait. Is that the most current term? I'm losing track...but I digress. Seeing the picketers and the occasional person stand up and be disruptive only made me fear them more. I always asked myself why other religions don't have ex followers making scenes. It "evidently" means "we" have the "truth". To me it is counterproductive and entrenches the cult mindset even more so. Witnesses are programmed to fear. Subtlety works so much better. Subtlety or a heinous experience that traumatizes.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw many a dignitary heckled in my day. They usually ignore it. I would drive or commute far to the event. Hecklers ruin it for all people. Abbie Hoffman was famous for it. What gives one person or two the right to drown out thought. Every event in college was heckled. The law school dean had an answer for it. Call the police.

Imagine how much more effective a letter to the editor would be. Casual conversations with neighbors go far. These strangers had no credentials besides being incredibly rude. The people they heckled had worked hard for years. I also blame people like me for not standing up to the hecklers.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

blondie that happen to me over 20 years ago. A Sister fell over of a heart attack about 15 mins. into my talk. Everyone in the hall got up or turn around to watch her. So I stop talking. After a few mins. the PO told me to keep on speaking. At first I refused but he kept after me to talk. So all I did was read word for word from the outline. It took me about 5 mins. to do that and I finished. I was so upset over this I complained to that body of elders about it. At this time they had no direction on this so they could not understand why I was upset. About 1 year later a letter came from the GB on this. It stated if someone becomes very sick or has a heart attack or something of that nature that disturbs the meeting then the meeting should be stopped and everyone is to go home or whatever. Still Totally ADD

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone had a heart attack in PA in church. It was a small church so I knew everyone. The priest kept preaching. We had no MD members. Nurses called 911 and took immediate care of him. I felt so helpless. Younger people started crying. He was stretched out on chairs. It seemed like forever but the paramedics arrived. He was back in church next Sunday.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This guy has as about as much 'guts' as an adolescent shaving one side of his head or getting her lady parts pierced.

Big deal.

This video records a guy looking for his 15 minutes of fame (his YouTube channel if full of whining, complaining and selfies). In this video, he appears (or probably is) drunk, high, a little off or a full blown nut job. I agree that growing up as a JW messed him up. No doubt. Time to grow up and let it go dude.

ginger

• NotNew
    NotNew

Well...I hope he feels better! Now maybe he can move on.

This reminds me of the mouse giving the elephant the finger...

Good, bad or indifferent who really cares what people think on this form or there? He did not care! He did not need anyones permission or approval.

He may have in powered new ones to question a Jw about what he said. You never know what can start someone to think... and start their path to freedom.

Should we do nothing or only do accordingly to established rules?

SW

• rebel8
    rebel8

Like others said, if his goal is to ventilate his own anger, then I guess he accomplished that.

If he's trying to wake people up, then that behavior is counterproductive.

Sometimes people aren't honest with themselves about their own motives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit