Aposate crashes the memorial!

by Batman89 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Holy_Cheeses is right. There is no grade of apostates to the Jdubbs. How can one "apostate" give ALL apostates a bad name when ALL apostates are viewed as evil by the Jdubbs? When I was in the Borg, I always thought of Apostates being the sly talking people who slipped in hateful speech about the Borg like "Satan's tactics" of tricking people into lies. I didn't think there must be "good apostates". Let's be honest with ourselves about this Borg. The people that are in and want to leave, leave because they are SICK of what's in that Borg.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

problemaddict,

I really appreciated your wry sense of humour when you wrote in reference to the memorial gate crasher that he would be "Giving apostates a bad name quite frankly". Well, I nearly choked on my caviar with laughter when I read that statement. I mean, to a jw, an apostate could not have any more worse a name. To them the only way to improve your standing would be to die. But to the vast majority of the real world being termed an apostate carries not the least bit of relevance.

Brother Mike,

You should probably stay a jw as you have the appropriate name and it seems like you are just made for the jw life.

Cheeses. Dispensing gems of wisdom to the needy.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"I didn't think there must be "good apostates". Let's be honest with ourselves about this Borg. The people that are in and want to leave, leave because they are SICK of what's in that Borg."

"I really appreciated your wry sense of humour when you wrote in reference to the memorial gate crasher that he would be "Giving apostates a bad name quite frankly". Well, I nearly choked on my caviar with laughter when I read that statement. I mean, to a jw, an apostate could not have any more worse a name. To them the only way to improve your standing would be to die. "

Well, that's the official WT wiew of apostates. But, most JW's have family members that have bees DF'ed or DA'ed. In some cases, maybe a lot of cases some JW's have some regular contact with these people. Of course they will get another image of the so called apostates than the official one.

Furthermore, a lot of JW's will meet apostates at the web. It surprizes me that some people doesn't realize that their behavior towards these JWs can change ther wievs on apostates and wordly people. If a JW realizes that wordly people and apostates are friendly sophisticated people he/she could be more motivated seeking friendship outside and leave the organisation.

This crashing of the memorial just scares the doubting JWs back to the org....it's not productive.

• talesin
    talesin

I checked the youtube - status is now switched to "Private" - can't view. I wonder if that person is reading this thread, since it must have been changed to Private snce the thread was started.

If you are reading this, I hope the event gave you a release, and was cathartic. We each do what we feel we need to do. Sorry I couldn't see your vid. So people disagree with your method of protest, that's okay. You did what you needed to to.

Keep on keepin' on! xo

talesin

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Tal, I think what he did could have done some good in that he said one thing and that was the generation that will not pass away should rest in peace. That would have struck a note with me. I would have thought about it, pondered it and I would have admired his guts. I could never do that, but I don't think it was bad that he did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit