My first post: Pet Peeves from my JW past

by BarHarborBarbara 35 Replies latest jw friends

• twice shy
    twice shy

@ Perry very nice. I could relate to all the people in the video on most days.

@comatose. Hear! Here!

@BarharborBarbara- Welcome and we hear you. Your post speaks volumes. Don't even think about the single, yet successful single mothers trying to raise their children in the truth. They get it real bad. Especially from the Elders with children in unhappy marriages. They never would want their miserable wives to even think for a minute they could make it by themselves.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Barbara,

Welcome. It always amazes me that people are hurt by the same practices. My mind was confused about being single. They love single people for pioneering. When my parents married and my father left Bethel, they were shunned by the local KH. The time was so short. Armageddon was imminent. My mom had to supply her own ring. I felt I could never see my parents if I did marry. Where I attended KH, there was a flood of bright black sisters governed by some not bright white males. I used to get sick as they would "worship" any men. The religion attracts women. I do not know why.

I left before I had to make decisions. It was my decision. I started attending clubs at school. Life was not perfect but close to it. In fact, it was better than my wildest dreams.

You came up with a good core list of what the WT messes up. When I finally had freedom, I attended consciousness raising groups. My body could not stay in a KH chair.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "My pet peeve was that as a witness I always felt like I was playing on a losing team."

I quit playing once I finally figured out that it was a losing team.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Welcome.

Your comment about feeling closer to Jehovah and Jesus is so true. I feel the same. I'm a new person since I left the Borg and really enjoy my new church and the people I'm meeting there.

Very happy for you. Qcf xx

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

HI Barbara,

Terrific post, i'm so glad you're here - i can totally relate!

Marina

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great to have you posting, BHB. Yes, it's all about counting time and nothing about using that time to do any good. Thanks for your thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit