My first post: Pet Peeves from my JW past

by BarHarborBarbara 35 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome to JWN. I see you have your own list. Not surprised. Hopefully the hmmm lists will take people out of the WTBTS org.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great first post!

Thanks for sharing....

I completely agree with your comments.... It seems we are " all united " in the truth! United with all the same sorts of problem people in each cong!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome BarHarborBarbara, Thank you for sharing your feelings/experience abou the WTBTS. If replaying meeting songs in your mind is the worst that you experience leaving the WTBTS, than you are truly lucky.

It is interesting that you noticed how JWs would have unhealthy conversations with you - it was always your fault or weakness and not theirs. I am glad that you were able to leave the WTBTS for your emotional health.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Ummm.... Yeah. You'll fit right in.

Welcome!! And thanks for jumping in and joining the discussion.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

welcome! Your pet peeves clearly demonstrate the double standards of what life as a JW is like and how it often brings out the worst in people.

I've found the WBTS have at times been actively environmentally friendly but mostly when it is cheaper or they can boast about it. As an organisation that constructs acres of concrete buildings, prints billions of magazines that are mostly unread and whose followers drive round the territory for pointless return visits they sure are relying on a superpower to clean up their mess.

mmxiv

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Barbara, let's be friends. We are clearly twins.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! Glad to have you. It's cool you posted. I remember everything you talked about! So funny. Keep posting! You will fit right in here. :)

How about people who came to meeting sick and made everyone else sick. HATED that. dumb butts. We had a call in line, but they couldn't miss one freaking meeting to avoid spreading their illness. Their own personal selfish desire to be in the group of the cult over rode common decency.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome BarHarborBarbara!

Yup, looking back one sometimes wonders what on earth made us put up with or excuse all the Watchtower's insanity...

Thank you for taking the time to post and share.

I'm sure you'll enjoy JWN and the colourful characters that inhabit this part of exJW land.

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

(A born-in who left for good mid-2009 after 3 generations and more than 4 decades).

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Hmm! Methinks Barharbarhad a much too colourful personality to remain a dubby!

Look at this (no puking)

WT 2-15-63 . "Thus the more colorful the personality the more difficult for the holy spirit to saturate it fully. The colorful personality has more need of self-control and must in particular guard against the snare of creature worship. Richness of personality seems to work against spiritual-mindedness, as the colorful person tends to lean more on himself, even as those who are rich in material things tend to put their trust in them instead of Jehovah God." —Ps. 52:7.

• Ding
    Ding

Legalist groups look down on outsiders while operating on fear and guilt on the inside.

Strange combination when you think about it.

You're better than everyone else but at the same time you never measure up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit