Satan's tic tacs or GB kool aid?

by sparrowdown 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Anyone that has been a JW would be familiar with any or all the following scenarios.

1. You get offered a full time position or promotion after submitting a pioneer application.

2. A really great bible student you have gets offered a job which means they have to move or have no time for study anymore.

3. A promising return visit begins a new relationship and the new bf/gf is'nt favourable to JWs so the great RV backs off.

4. A married sister falls pregnant right after her and her husband are invited to Bethel or circuit work or gilead.

5.A couple needs to start caring for an aging parent right after they decide to move to where the need is greater.

etc, etc, etc. Most if not all JW's would tell you satan is to blame,.... or is he?

Satanic pattern of sabotage or blind superstition?

An illusion of pattern in a string of random events?

Satan's tic tacs or GB kool aid?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes... Great thread!

i have often thought the same...

funny too how they will attribute Jehovah as saving someone in a disaster, or directing someone to a sheeplike person in the field...or some scenario like that...BUT if a witness dies in a disaster , or gets attacked out witnessing, it was just "time and unforseen occurrence"!

so which is it guys??

• blondie
    blondie

(Ecclesiastes 9:11) 11 I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

(Luke 13:1-4) . . .At that very season there were certain ones present that reported to him about the Gal·i·le ′ ans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 So in reply he said to them: “Do YOU imagine that these Gal·i·le ′ ans were proved worse sinners than all other Gal·i·le ′ ans because they have suffered these things? 3 No, indeed, I tell YOU; but, unless YOU repent, YOU will all likewise be destroyed. 4 Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Si·lo ′ am fell, thereby killing them, do YOU imagine that they were proved greater debtors than all other men inhabiting Jerusalem?

*** w07 9/15 p. 5 Why Wickedness Continues ***

Revealing another cause of affliction or suffering, Ecclesiastes 9:11 states: “Time and unforeseen occurrence befall [us] all.” Jesus Christ spoke of a certain calamity involving 18 people who were killed when a tower fell on them. (Luke 13:4) They suffered because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Similar things happen today. For example, a brick may break loose from the top of a high building and strike a pedestrian. Is God to blame? No. It was an unplanned and unforeseen occurrence. The same may often be said when sickness invades a household or sudden death leaves behind orphans and widows.

• millie210
    millie210

Or how many of those people got the job or the boyfriend/girlfriend or got PG so they would be off the hook so to speak?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

what is PG?

• millie210
    millie210

PreGnant (sorry that wasnt more clear) :>)

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

JustVisiting....PG = pregnant, I assume. EDIT: Millie, sorry...I didn't see your post :)

Call me crazy but I 100% believe that the devil himself runs this organization. These different things happening may be a way for the REAL God to keep these people away - either an RV or to keep someone from getting deeper into it at Bethel, etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the "new girlfriend" thing is of Satan, then He missed a whopper of a chance to kill my involvement in the jokehovians, along with all hope they have of being able to legally force me back under "breach of contract" come December 23 or shortly thereafter, right at the beginning. Why Satan didn't cash in on it through the whole of 1985, particularly once Saturn entered the danger zone of Sagittarius, and especially in late 1987 when joke-hova's Saturn-in-Sagittarius time was running out--I will never know. Opportunity never came my way--either Satan is pxxxed at me for something I did before this life and joke-hova has succeeded in prevented me from knowing what, or joke-hova somehow inveigled Satan into abandoning me.

Either way, that "new girlfriend" I missed out on at a time when Saturn-Sagittarius time was running short was the fatal lapse in Satan's attention. It meant I got baptized, which is the "signature" of the contract (which is agreed on via dedication). All it takes is one judge that will uphold this on me, and potentially millions of other disfellowshipped, disassociated, or faded jokehovians, and I could be forced right back to knocking on doors and possibly with return visit and study minimum requirements. Had Satan taken that opportunity and put as many girlfriend obstacles in the way of the jokehovians during the 1985-87 Saturn in Sagittarius transit, that could never have happened since I never would have "signed" any contract.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Psalm 127: 3 - Look! Sons are an inheritance from Jehovah; the fruit of the womb is a reward

Whoever blames the devil for getting pregnant must be stupid...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

A lot of strange events are just coincidence- I have had things happen in my life that I just couldn’t believe were possible, but had no meaning and were just a product of chance- and some things are excuses or are a ‘manufactured crisis’ to avoid doing something unpleasant…. And a lot of stories about the Witnesses are a complete fiction too…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit