Satan's tic tacs or GB kool aid?

by sparrowdown 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Eh, stuff happens. Lots of people will say its this or that and bring God/Satan whatever into it. The only thing that has any real power is how we respond to our circumstances.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

God doesn't make things happen.

Satan doesn't make things happen.

They are constructs brought forward from the bronze age.

Belief, now that has power.

If you believe Satan is in your basement, or putting blocks in front of you, it will change your life.

That might be called paranoia. In the extreme, you might kill your children if you think they are possessed.

If you think God is intervening in your life and talking to you (GB, are you listening?), you are mentally ill, delusional, and you are dangerous.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I knew of a pioneer that blamed satan for getting pregnant....

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

can't sell your house to go where the need is great = satan keeping you from serving Jehovah to the fullest.

can't sell your house to go where the need is great = Jehovah has some other blessing in mind for you.

Phae

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

double post

• twice shy
    twice shy

Seems that all xjw's would recognize it as divine intervention. Telling them to run. You're getting in too deep. It's up to them to head the warnings and learn from the experiences of others and run like hell.

He was offering them another way out so they could work in harmony with Proverbs 27:11 Be wise my son and make my heart rejoice so that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me.

Just my cent and a half

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The general consensus then, koolaid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit