Is it kind of funny that JWs don't give Jesus resurrection day any notice?

by Comatose 37 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Jesus knew he came to die not live forever. So if he had evaded his death, he would no longer be perfect, and would have died...WTS logic not mine.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Maybe because the bible doesn't tell christians to commemorate his ressurection? The bullshit is hard on this one. Sorry, I said it. Sometimes it seems to me that people here try so hard to get caught on every little detail jws differ from other groups. Imagine a jw full of doubts finding this post first on this site. I don't think they would continue reading on other posts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You may be right about some weak minded JW's who are afraid of their own shadow w-b-a, but I know from my own experience that as soon as I sniffed out that there was "something rotten in the State of Denmark" as Shakespeare had it, (actually I smelled Bull***t in the State of New York), I was prepared to read and consider what people had to say.

In those days JWD, as it was, (now JWN), was a more robust place with some great intellects on board, Leolaia , Alan F, Normsky and many others, but there were the silly posters who went way to far with their ideas.

I soon learned not to trust everything I read on here, but not to be put off by irreverence, or what I saw as virtual blasphemy.

It was all opinion, and I could choose to agree or not.

Not a choice I had with the opinion of the W.T, it was their opinion,* or get out.

(* the WT's teaching is simply their opinion, that's all.)

The O.P makes a great point, and it highlights that the biggest threat to the W.T's teaching is what the Apostle Paul said was the Good News, and nothing more need be added :

"Christ Resurrected".

The Living Christ in Heaven is an idea that the W.T wishes to bury, because it makes their G.B redundant, if accepted it makes them upstarts attempting Regicide.

• pixel
    pixel

I think you do need to at least think about it, or at least, the daily text should say something about it, but I doubt that's the case.

• Terry
    Terry

It has taken me years to stand back far enough to where I can look at religious discussions (Christian, actually) with any objectivity.

When you walk into the swamp of___MEANING___you'll never get out alive :)

I think I figured out why.

Those ancient writings, sayings, traditions, arguments, assertions and myths may have had some intention behind them at one point--but--they

got mashed together and tossed into a juicer and blended! Now we can't extract any sense from it--UNLESS WE IMPOSE IT FROM THE OUTSIDE.

We're trying to push a rope down the street.

• myelaine
  • designs
    designs

Its that darn Easter and the Cross stuff......oh and a little anti_Popeishness lol

• SAHS
    SAHS

“will-be-apostate”: “Maybe because the bible doesn't tell christians to commemorate his ressurection?”

Maybe so, but I would think that it would go without saying that since Jesus’ death is so pivotal in the outworking of Almighty God’s purpose for humanity, Jesus’ resurrection should naturally also be recognized annually, as the whole plan would fall apart without his death AND resurrection. These two events are very much intertwined and integral to the Christian faith. . . . or at least they should be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit