Is it kind of funny that JWs don't give Jesus resurrection day any notice?

by Comatose 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

If you think about it, for a die hard christian the day Jesus was supposed to be resurrected and back in heaven, thereby fulfilling his earthly mission, is a very big day. All the JWs I know never even thought about it. In fact if I had mentioned it, I bet they would have looked me at strangely. Easter for witnesses is as bad as it gets. Polluting Jesus with a sex holiday is horrifying. But, the day he would have been resurrected is kind of special it seems if you think about it.

They give so much fuss over the day he died and forget about him after that.

Did any JWs you know ever think about him being resurrected 3 days later?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Did any JWs you know ever think about him being resurrected 3 days later?

I think the reason they focus on his horrific death is so they can say Jesus suffered so much, what are you going to do for him. Which translated means how much are you going to slave for our publishing company.

• emeth
    emeth

that very big day was 1981 years ago.

So the resurrection is on their mind every day and hour of the year, not once a year.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Well if its okay to have it on your mind every day and not notice the actual day, why commemorate the memorial and print flyers and invite everyone in the territory? Why not just have a private service and pass the wine and crackers that no one eats?

Emeth, no one I know ever noticed his resurrection day.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It may be because he kept popping back down to earth..... I think I count any return now as his 6th or 7th coming...

That is ignoring all the toast he left his mark on...

• losingit
    losingit

The resurrection is not discussed at all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So the resurrection is on their mind every day and hour of the year, not once a year......Emeth

.............................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They should not be allowed to call themselves Christian. Christianity is centered on Christ. Jesus' resurrection should be the most event celebrated in Christianity. They are faux ancient Israelites. They do not know the gospels or Paul's writing. Folly of the cross.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hey Band I sent you a PM a while back on another subject see if you got it. Sorry to interrupt everyone.

Thanks, Gio

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They should not be allowed to call themselves Christian. Christianity is centered on Christ.....BOTR

...................Jehovahs Witnesses centered on the WatchTower = WatchTards..

............................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit