Why?

by SuperBoy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

Why does the WTBS do what it does?

If it's just to make money, they are easier ways. Online bingo websites for example.

What is the motivation to have millions of followers "voluntarily" giving of their time? Why not be more like TV evangelists (if it's just about money.)

Genuinely curious.

• emeth
    emeth

because they have another goal and aim.. they are on a mission

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think it's all about Power and Glory. But I do think that JWs like Ray Franz ran the WT from genuine belief in God and the desire to do good and help others. JWs like him can stay in the BOrg for years before they realise there is something fundamentally wrong and WTis a cult.

Kate xx

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Because they believe in one concept...that they are chosen by God, in 1919...to tell mankind of God's plan...everything else they do falls under that remit.

Read Don Cameron's book "Captives to a Concept"...EVERYTHING they do is because of that premise that they have been chosen to be God's channel today...

• Zoos
    Zoos

BINGO! is gambling. They've already come out and said too much against it to use it as a money-maker now. Although, I sure if there was a way for them to do it covertly, like flipping real-estate without the flock knowing what's going on, I'm sure they would.

Televangelizing makes them look too much like every other religion on the street - and they're all about looking different, separating themselves from mainstream religion.

• cantleave
    cantleave

To be idolised by nearly 8 million deluded fans is a enormous powertrip. Imagine how it feels to be a pope?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Imagine how it feels to be a pope?

Pope Francis is making the governing body look like a bunch of chumps, as far as doing 'god's work' goes. Haha.

But holy crap, whoever thought making Ratzinger pope ("Benedict") ahead of Francis must've been smoking something. The man looks like a real life doppelganger of Simon BarSinister. He was also the guy handling all the child sex abuse cases prior to becoming the pope.

• cantleave
    cantleave

LOL - dead spit there GentleDawn.

• pontoon
    pontoon

It's their SCHTICK. It's what makes them different or unique

schtick. Yiddish slang meaning "gimmick" that has come to mean "someone's signature behavior."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Why?

Because it's already in motion. The men who get to the top were already duped into being Jehovah's Witnesses long before. They already wasted the young part of their lives as pioneers in some way. They already kissed asses to advance. They already gave up things like career, luxury, education, sometimes family and children. Eventually, they saw some luxury and adoration put before them. When they saw the brass ring, they grabbed it. IF they figured out that WTS was really about perpetuating the corporation, they went along after saying "What else would I have if I speak up or if I leave." Only one of them has done that so far, from the top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit