"The Devil is at Work!"

by HeyThere 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I am not fond of men or women who share conversations with mommy or anyone. He lacks maturity so yes give him some time to mature some.Why do you think he shared what you stated with his mother? Why share your conversations with his mom! Hopefully with your help he can keep your comversation between you two. How else can he mature and learn that your conversations are between husband and wife. All is confidential and between two, other wise you would invite the family over! How can one enjoy and respect the person they are visiting if they bring up past coversations with others! Sharing others conversations is not fun for mom. Or you! He just in a habit of too much sharing and not enough enjoying. There just too many topics! Why should he share your mother in laws conversation with you? I am sure he did not need to do that if he wanted to keep things peaceful. Anyhow it really is your training him. You've got your job cut out!

Your fading plans sound about right! You would be considered unbelieving mate.

Rev 7

12But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. 14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.…

• Fernando
    Fernando

@HeyThere

It seems there are two strategies one could follow.

Negative - expose or attack their idols, and make them defensive or hostile

Positive - focus on the solution, the gospel, using their own publications.

Personally I would start by asking him to explain what the gospel is in one word.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

@sarahsmile, I don't think he shared it with her ina malicious way - and he doesn't typically shre our conversations with her. I think it was more along the lines of how excited they were for me to become an unbaptised publisher and then within weeks I was voicing my concerns to him about the religion. I was fine until the elders said somethign to me about counting all people who associated with a kh as witnesses to "make the numbers look better" and that people are only removed from the count if they send a letter of resignation - even young teens who may have attended 20 years ago with their parent are counted in the numbers unless they officially resign - this came from an elder. It make me wonder, okay, how many witnesses are there really? I started looking up stuff, found the Candice Conti case, found the other cases, found this website, found more stuff, and found I was over it. So he has been confused and worried, honestly. Because he is a full in, raised jw, engrained beliefs, that I now don't share and am speaking against even. I can understand where he is coming from and that is why I plan to fade slowly and not push it in his face...because it will not be easy for him.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm glad that you found out TTATT so soon, for your own sake. It was also good that you shared your doubts with your husband early on. Some make the mistake of learning a lot of stuff in secret, hiding their research from their mate, and then springing it all on their mate once they've come to the conclusion that the religion's all rubbish. It's better that you told him about the issues as you were finding them. That being said, it is good that you're backing off it for now, because he's not going to be convinced by a flurry of information, or by persistent arguing, and I see you already realize that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I'm a regular Christian married to a Witness. I followed Hassan's advice to separate the cultist from the natural man and over time, I encouraged my husband's natural personality to express himself. After ten years he has finally stopped attending the meetings, though he still feels guilty about his exit.

I only engage the cultist if I'm bored, and it pushes him FARTHER IN to the Witnesses rather than OUT. A threatened cultist is a stubborn cultist.

I never got sucked in to the programming, and I'm very happy to hear that you saw the light before you got baptized. I suggest you absorb Hassan's concepts about the cultist and the natural person before you engage your husband again.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

i am glad i figured it out when i did...my original goal was to get baptized at the dc this year....and my hubby now knows i am not getting baptised at all. i am already a baptised christian and am holding on to thay, not the.pod people who cant even explain why they are scared of random things, like smurfs. i asked my hubby, what is wrong with smurfs? he didnt know, so he asks his mom. her response "smurfs are bad!" okay, but why are smurfs bad? "they are justbad!"

well, heck. that doesnt make any smurfin sense!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Haha, that's great that you got to see this kind of foolishness for yourself. Some JWs today would not acknowledge or remember the smurf panic. It was mostly a hysteria led by JW moms in the '80s, but I guess some of them still hold onto that fear.

The last time I discussed the smurf panic with a Witness, it was with someone my age who seemed to agree it was silly. You'd think that our generation would be wiser for having had this experience and maybe we could move forward. Later, this same brother criticized a JW kid's collection of 'those demonic Pokémon cards'. So in fact things don't really make much progress from generation to generation.

Basically it's a religion for anxious, superstitious people. They're not the only fundamentalists who see demons lurking everywhere, but JWs are proud of 'not being superstitious people' because they reject the common superstitions like avoiding "13", knocking on wood, etc. In reality they are some of the least self-aware people in the world, and don't see how they've made new superstitions of their own.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Does your husband want to obey Jesus Christ or a bunch of reprehensible men in Brooklyn?

Luke 21:8-9

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

Do not go after them. --> is that a recommendation in regard to a matter of conscience or is it an outtright commandment from Jesus Christ himself?

Your husband may object by saying that they do not claim to come on the basis of Jesus Christs name.

If he does then make certain you can easily find this on the CD Library:

w59 5/1 p. 269 Attain Completeness in the New World Society ***

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

A Christian is someone who obeys Jesus Christ.

Do not go after them.

abe

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I was fine until the elders said somethign to me about counting all people who associated with a kh as witnesses to "make the numbers look better" and that people are only removed from the count if they send a letter of resignation - even young teens who may have attended 20 years ago with their parent are counted in the numbers unless they officially resign - this came from an elder. It make me wonder, okay, how many witnesses are there really?

What's amazing about this is that the dubs used to brag that they - and only they - did not count anyone as a dub unless they were active in the "preaching" work. All the OTHER religions were guilty of padding their numbers, but oh no, not jws!

Their lies grow faster than Pinocchio's nose.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

@ablebodiedman: thanks for those info tips. i will be requesting videos. i already have identified several interesting contradictions and....just strange crap....from the pubs. i have an old revelation book...it is really....something. reading these pubs is killing me...i have 3 degrees, a multitude of professional certificates, basically i am well educated. these pubs are like 3rd grade school books. so tedious to read. but i am also going to try amd use my unique position to help people. now that i am fully ttatted, so to speak, i can act. i just have to do it right to save my family from this crap. i am so mad about the trickery. i will post my story soon. i will be coming here amd using all of you experienced ones to help me navigate apostate land. i am not baptized but an unbaptized publisher studying with a few sisters. i feel like i can freely ask questions a typical rank amd file couldnt get away with asking....so what should i start woth? thoughts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit