Defending JW Child Abuse Policy at blogspot

by Iown Mylife 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It amazes me how a person despite knowing the facts can still put another spin in on it.

Two things however stand out to me here.

(1) If he was so confident in his beliefs, then why not allow a place for others to comment to also provide a fine witnesses for their policies and procedures on sex abuse. After all according to him there have been only a few examples of elders not doing their jobs properly.

(2)He has shown a rebellious spirit by setting up a Web site in first place when he has been told not to by the F&DS.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wish I could write a legal brief or legal memorandum in the same manner. All you have to do is make a statement for which there is zero proof. Students everywhere would like this new style of writing. No references makes it easy.

I don't know how JWs rate in the overall scheme of religions. They believe children and adults lie. Pedophilia cannot be stopped by knockinng on doors. The two witness rule infuriates me. Also, the phone calls to the Legal Department rather than local law enforcement. The police and social services know how to investigate. My mom used to babysit for a toddler whose father had committed the act with an older daughter. Social workers had her asserting boundaries at 1 1/2. The subjugation of women and children sets up many a victim.

If the Conti jury was so lawless and there was no way they could the WT guilty, the judge has the power to overturn the jury award.

I telephoned Simons. He does not seem worried by the time lapse. There isn't even a date set for oral arguments before the first appellate court.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Witnesses have NEVER hidden child molesters

nor have they ever just transferred Elders accused of molestation to another congregation......Third Witness

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

He's obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• nugget
    nugget

This article relfects what witnesses think happens but not what actually happens. There are enough victims to show that they do not protect the members from molesters just the organisation from bad publicity.

• trujw
    trujw

He should write for the watchtower. Lots of supposed facts but nowhere for us to look them up. It's like saying here are the facts because I just said they are facts.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

People should not make sweeping statements, of what they do not know.

There are jerks... everywhere . Opinionated, know it all, asses.

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught, from the GB, Writing Dept, literature, meetings, etc , that they have an answer for everything, even when they don't.

One of the pedophiles in my life, who was known, to his family, (his brother, his son, two of his nephews that I know were Elder's) and his many other victims, I was told, by my mother that Arthur had died, many years ago.

I could not get the nightmares of Arthue's abuse, out of my life, so I called Arthur's nephew at the beginning of the 2000's. He told me his Uncle, had died less than a year before, a WItness in good standing!!!

The Elder nephew got mad at me, and made me cry. He had been my friend since childhood. He told me, "just forget about it", in a very rude, and condescending way. The whole telephone conversation was awful. He shot back accusing me of not caring about my birth family, that lived close to him, but lived 2,000 miles away from me.

He asked me, in a mean voice, "Why didn't you come for your nephew's wedding?" I said, "Because I was not invited".

He didn't ask why was I not there for my parents 40th, 50th or 60th wedding anniversaries. Again, I was not invited.

My mother had lied to me for decades, (no surprise there) to keep me shut up.

My mother was "gas lighting" me.

Hopefully, the person the OP is talking about, will wake up, to the fact, that he does not know what he is talking about. That just because a "Brother" or a "Sister" looks like a good JW on the outside, does not mean they are not rotten to the core, on the inside.

LoisLane

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My parents always made certain I was with them. Once we pulled up in area full of KKK activity and the brothers assigned me to a black teen male. We could have been hurt. My parents stopped it immediately. Now there would be no problem. Only the late 60s were not NOW. I was jealous of classmate in my homeroom. She was the star of the KH. I was dirt. The vice overseer seemed to pay a lot of attention to her. I found out only a few years ago that he was raping her. She was told to tell no one by the KH brothers. He lost his position but I believe he regained it.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm beginning to think the catholic church has a better track record than jws in dealing with child molesters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit