Defending JW Child Abuse Policy at blogspot

by Iown Mylife 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This website has been mentioned on previous topics but i just happened onto this current article "Elijah" has posted. You have to scroll down to get to Thursday's article (yesterday), titled Jehovah's Witnesses Child Abuse Policy. It's at defending jehovahs witnesses dot blogspot dot com and there's no where to comment that I could find. He insists that JWs have the BEST RECORD for protecting children from molesters, because unlike other religions, JWs "instantly" remove the offenders from teaching capacity and disfellowship them!

Incredible stupid jerk.

Marina

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

May be we should ask all our in house elders to comment on the truth if that naive statement?

How about it His Excellency and Committee Chairman.

• Island Man
    Island Man

A link would be nice.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

i never know how to do this stuff. defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.com

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Jehovah’s Witnesses' Child Abuse Policy When you compare Jehovah’s Witnesses with all other religions or secular organizations, Witnesses have the best record for protecting its members from child molesters, fornicators and other perverts. Most other religions did nothing about priests and ministers who were child molesters and homosexual deviants, and continued to simply transfer these clergy to other congregations when found out. But, Jehovah's Witnesses would instantly remove these individuals from serving in any teaching capacity when they were found out and disfellowship them. What is reprehensible is that other religions constantly criticized the Witnesses for their disfellowshipping policy. Now, these religions, Protestant and Catholic, are facing thousands of legal cases and paying enormous settlements. At the same time, any legal charges against the Watchtower Society has repeatedly been dismissed by the courts because they determined that Witnesses have NEVER hidden child molesters nor have they ever just transferred Elders accused of molestation to another congregation. So historically Witnesses have the BEST legal record of any religion. Even the recent adverse decision by one rogue jury in the Conti case was not because we transferred a known child molester–the man had already been reproved and removed from any position in the congregation. And the jury went completely contrary to the legal precedents set in similar cases against other religions. That is, no religion has ever been legally required to make a public announcement of a congregant’s specific sexual misdeeds. In fact, doing so would have broken the law in most countries. While thousands of Protestant clergy and thousands of Catholic priests were charged with child abuse in the last decades, only a little over a dozen Witness Elders have been charged in the last 100 years (See: Jehovah’s Witnesses care for victims of child abuse - Jehovah’s Witnesses Official Media Web Site - Archive) In official polls between 25% and 40% of clergy admitted that they had engaged in sexual behavior with some member of their flock and about 15% of clergy are homosexual. And most religions do almost nothing about these clergy! So, a more valid question would be to ask if other religions have continued to allow fornicators, homosexuals and adulterers to be ministers, priests and teachers?!! But, among the Witnesses the very few elders who commit immoral acts are instantly removed and most likely disfellowshipped. The media and opposers like to sensationalize a couple of cases where someone was not removed immediately, but those cases are anomalies and occurred only because the organization’s policies were improperly ignored by individual elders. Also many like to misrepresent the “two witness” rule. This rule has NEVER prevented removal of a child molester. It never took more than one witness for someone to be reported to the authorities for molestation and even before the current government laws on reporting molestations were passed, Witnesses still investigated all accusations and disfellowshipped many without requiring two witnesses. And definitely, when someone was accused of molesting *different* children then there are two witnesses and they would be disfellowshipped. In actuality, I've seen the courts several times dismiss charges against child molesters who have been disfellowshipped by Witnesses. To see the actual facts regarding this subject go to: http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/default.html http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.com/2009/11/jehovahs-witnesses-and-child-protection.html SOURCE: This is an answer by BAR_ANERGES to a question at Yahoo Answers.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Just pastin', not agreein'!

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

That 'thirdwitness' page is making me angry.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for this. It surprises me how many JWs try and defend the BOrg. They have been told not to get involved with opposers but still they are disobedient to the GB, but still trying to defend them. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Kate xx

• Island Man
    Island Man

BAR_ANERGES? I know that guy. He is/was a regular on Yahoo Answers. He used to give the same copy and paste answer over and over again with just minor tweaks. LOL. And he always had a somewhat confrontational tone when answering a question critical of JWs. He gives the impression of being very knowledgeable of the scriptures but when you show him hard evidence of JW error he's just like every other JW. LOL.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWs have no true "moral center" of their own. They have always bee told what is right and wrong by the Organization. The Organization's interpretaions are their basis for right and wrong. Since they worship the Organization, they follow it no matter what, even when it's wrong. That is why they are so capable of committing atrocities and injustice in "GOD's" name.

Don't believe me?? Just pin them down on a "moral" question. They will fold. They can speak of legalities and "the letter of the law" all day, and in endless circles. One good question on ethics or morals will stop them in their tracks. They simply cannot answer without condemning themselves. Read the Conti transcripts for proof.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit