FYI, links to photos of jw.org signs on top of WT buildings

by AndersonsInfo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks Aude Sapere!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I wonder why the link by JERRYLEEANDJENNY has abruptly been made PRIVATE? :)

A lovely witness, hiding from the world how hard these poor blinded people are working for free - for 'Mother'.

I am so glad that I copied the quote of the HQ official who was sent to 'inspire' new additions to the Gulag - sorry, building project:

"One thing he told us all to think about, especially on days we may be tired, or not in the mood to get up early and work, was this…….. Remember that it's not the Governing Body that wants the World Headquarters out of New York, but it is Jehovah who does."

These volunteers need to reverse their psychological labotomies and listen like mature adults to what's being given them - not like zombies in an bad movie!

• SadElder
    SadElder

Isn't it interesting that things they used to vilify are now so valuable to them? Internet, video, credit card machnes, compter devices, all are part of the arsenal of the worship beefore the Watchtower altar. Yet it hasn't been so long ago that all were castigated soundly in the publications and from the platform.

• silent
    silent

Boy they are going after the jw.org domain name like it's the late 90's.  That puts them at least 15 years behind the curve.  It's now like the rank and file have discovered internet for the first time.

You were looked at with disdain if you showed up with printouts of the WT and especially the Bible.  You were to USE THE BIBLE itself and no facsimile thereof and not doing so was not heeding the counsel given.  You were to have that bible in your hand and show people right from God's word - that very book - what was being said.  Personally, I don't care for electronic notebooks, notepads, tablets, and the like.  Heck, I don't even have a smart phone and never have.  It really disgusts me that they are embracing this technology, but really - all the hooplah is like someone discovering moving pictures with sound for the first time.  A bit late for that mate!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWorg. symbol is not only being commercialized by the WTS., its also being commercialized by a lot of JWS who are making the symbol into items to sell, inturn making money for themselves.

I have brother that has always used his associations inside the borg for business..

The JWorg. is now being made into such things as shirt ties to pens and even snickers.

Maybe the people are doing it to show their devotion to the organization, a sign perhaps of their spiritual strength. 

That and make some cash as well.  $$$     God bless the JWorg. 

• silent3
    silent3

silent is my old username - I had to create a new one.

I've been the jw.org site recently and they've polished it up. I still a bit peeved that I was made to feel bad/guilty for having a computer back in the day, but I must admit that when flying internationally, it's nice to attend a meeting and have all your necessary information on a smartphone and not have to use up your weight on literature.

So my comment about being disgusted by them embracing the technology was based on how I was made to feel bad for using a computer, but now it's all okay.

I've come to a point in my life where I'm mellowing out and little things like domain names and electronic devices don't phase me any more. Anyone can do what they want online including them. I just wished I hadn't been made to feel bad about using technology while growing up. Oh well, forget about it and move on.

silent

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

I just wished I hadn't been made to feel bad about using technology while growing up.

Yes the WTS did that back in the late 1980's but that's indicative to the inner corruption of this organization. ...... MONEY

Big religion equals to big money, which equates usually to big corruption.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The re-branding of the 'jehober witlesses' religion is in full operation! Soooooooooooooooon new light from jehober will be given to the gb to change the official name of this religion. Any 'new name' suggestions?

I'm going with 'Zoomies' since jehober created Zoom just for jw's!

just saying!

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

It pretty much has already JWorg.

The WTS leaders are trying to wash away the Watchtower identity, soon it will wash away a few of its old doctrines such as 1914..

You cant keep on self presenting the most truthful Christian religion in the world by holding on to false doctrines such as 1914, this doctrine always had a built in duration /time limit.

Great selling commodity nevertheless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit