FYI, links to photos of jw.org signs on top of WT buildings

by AndersonsInfo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yesterday, on the thread I started on 4/15/14, http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/279088/1/Essay-by-Barbara-Anderson-Whats-in-a-Name#.U1E98JAo7L9 that introduces a recent article I wrote which is posted on www.watchtowerdocuments.org , I thought I made an inaccurate statement in one of my posts about WT having a sign, jw.org, on the top of one of their buildings. I was sure I had seen a photo of such a sign but couldn't prove it until last night when proof was sent to me in an email and the proof is to be found in the form of links to photos of the sign. I was wrong in thinking the sign was on a WT factory building. It's on the top of the 25 and 30 Columbia Heights office buildings.

I believe it's important that JWN readers see for themselves that the advertising campaign for jw.org began at "home" for all of the neighborhood and travelers to see. That sign on top of WT headquarters was the beginning of WT plans to rebrand their organization with a new name. Even in the comment below seen in pages of the private blog of Jerry and Jenny, when you open the first link and find the jw.org photos, note the enthusiasm they show for jw.org as being the "correct place" to learn about the Witnesses. What happened to meetings and field service being the correct place to learn about JWs?

What we see in regards to jw.org is the new face of the WT or their "new identity" just like I discussed in my article, "What's in a Name." For WT leaders, it's out with the old Watchtower Inc., and in with a new way to get their old message out to the world. The first link is to Jerry Lee and Jenny's blog where they share photos mostly of WT construction work in Upstate NY. Scroll down to photos posted November 21, 2013 and see the huge jw.org sign on top of WT's primary office building at 25 Columbia Heights. Jerry and Jenny write in their blog that the jw.org sign went up a week earlier in Brooklyn.

"Last Friday, new banners were attached to the 25 building. They are made of mesh so wind can pass through it. They look very nice. As if they are painted on the building. They have put two banners on two corners. It is highly visible from both directions of the BQE expressway. An effective way to expose people to the correct place to learn about the witnesses."

Later in the blog, Jerry and Jenny wrote:

"We went up to roof of building 30 where the Watchtower sign is. I posted a picture earlier of the new JW.org signs on the sides of the 25 building. But now new signs have been placed on 30 as well. So those that see the iconic Lit Watchtower sign, will also see the JW.org banner."

http://jerryleeandjenny.wordpress.com/

In addition, the links below also show the jw.org sign on the 25 and 30 Columbia Heights buildings and also in their parked-car witnessing endeavor being used to push forward their old/new? message.

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/76386728262/removable-magnetic-jw-org-signs-for-cars#sthash.uVFrJaBr.dpbs

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/65434986429/the-new-sign-watchtower-building-usa-new#sthash.I6bnnZv8.dpbs

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/65435063179/the-new-sign-watchtower-building-usa-new#sthash.8BP7ANlq.dpbs

Barbara

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Wonder what jesus would say if he saw thousands of young people leaving school early to spend 60+ hours a month advertising a website?

they're really taking this thing to a weird level.

• shadow
    shadow

She said, "Last Friday, we attended a 45 minute welcoming talk. Bethel has arranged periodically to have these talks for all new comers who are working on the Tuxedo/Warwick project for 3 months or longer. A member of the Branch Committee came out and had many words of commendation, and gratitude for all those who are expending themselves on the project. One thing he told us all to think about, especially on days we may be tired, or not in the mood to get up early and work, was this…….. Remember that its not the Governing Body that wants the World Headquarters out of New York, but it is Jehovah who does. The Governing Body is only carrying out Jehovah’s Will. So our working on this project is, in effect, assisting the annointed in carrying out Jehovah’s will. That is a great privilege to be directly involved in. So keeping that in mind, it will help us push through those days."

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Shadow is that what they call delusions of grandeur?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I believe it's important that JWN readers see for themselves that

the advertising campaign for jw.org began at "home" for all of the neighborhood and travelers to see.

That sign on top of WT headquarters

was the beginning of WT plans to rebrand their organization with a new name.......Barbara Anderson................................

.................................................................................................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can see where they want to publicize JW.org. They are only now begin to use modern technology. The cars whizz by quickly. I just wish they would not state falsehoods on jw.org.

Jehovah wanted to leave Brooklyn. It is hilarious b/c Brooklyn is so hot now. Manhattan has faded in comparison. Brooklyn is the arts scene. It always had its own vibe. I wonder what Jehovah's reasoning is. He isn't a cool, sophisticated god who can hold his own in NYC. Good riddance is what I say. The neighbors must be elated. Maybe the new owners will accept actual flowers rather than insisting on using tacky vinyl ones.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know enough about computers to know why, but when I type jw, JWN is the first site to come up. Is that because I frequent JWN, or would it be the same for anyone who inputs the letters jw? If so, anyone who tries to check out jw.org is going to get a lot of information from JWN that the Watch Tower cult doesn't want people to know.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nice. Okay, so this did actually happen, but just not over top of the old 'Read God's Word the Bible Daily' sign. Got it.

I don't know enough about computers to know why, but when I type jw, JWN is the first site to come up. Is that because I frequent JWN, or would it be the same for anyone who inputs the letters jw? If so, anyone who tries to check out jw.org is going to get a lot of information from JWN that the Watch Tower cult doesn't want people to know.

Well, if you Google "jw", only jw.org seems to come up. JWN doesn't even seem to be on the list. Curious. Definitely needs to be addressed...

--sd-7

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"I wonder what Jehovah's reasoning is. He isn't a cool, sophisticated god who can hold his own in NYC."- BOTR

Evidently, Jehovah is no Hipster.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@jamiebowers - There was a good thread about that about a month or two ago. I'm pretty sure that jwfacts and besty both made comments on it. Also some other savvy internet search optimization experts.

Their collective answer is that a strong weight on google search is your own personal search history. It's not necessarily the primary factor, but it is very strong.

Also, a few people mentioned that from the platform, they heard that the org is pushing the *dot* as important in the search. "jw *DOT* org" is more likely to yield the wts at the top of list and jwn much further down.

-Aude.

Edit to add:Here are links to discussion about search results for JW.org

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/275601/1/Bizarre-comment-about-jw-org-at-SAD#.U1GrKc4UHQI

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/269185/1/jw-org-slipping-down-the-search-engine-rankings#.U1GqCs4UHQI

Here's an old thread on same topic of google search results:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/243083/1/A-quick-experiment-what-do-you-get-if-you-Google-JW-org#.U1Gqu84UHQJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit