Hello believers... Do you still believe in prophecies?

by suavojr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I would just be ridiculed

Just more end time prophecies being fulfilled!

abe

• NotNew
    NotNew

Are you able to prove one that came true?

If you can then I may give it a go...until then why waste the time hoping for something that may or not come true?

SW

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

Oh you mean like umm there will be lack of love? Or there will be wars on occasion in different parts of the planet? Or there will be false teachers?

Could Jesus have been more ambiguous than that? No wonder it's really happening.

Here, let me make some prophecies too. This will happen in 50 years:

1 - Married people will have affairs

2- There will be people who will abuse children.

3 - Thunderstorms will knock out power lines

4 - Children will die of starvation in Africa.

Maybe if these things come true people will remember me as a great prophet too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

prophecy was just fulfilled monday night, eclipse of the moon, combined with close approach of Mars. to the minute. predicted, prophesied, probably a 100 years ago or two.

That's maths not prophecy.

• NotNew
    NotNew

Why prophesy something that causes death...would it not be more fruitful to stop it?

SW

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Wow!

Ex-JW's are the most likely candidates to understand the evidence. (and some do!)

In fact I am convinced the EX-JW community is the main target audience of the bible.*****

That is why I visit this forum.

Amazing!!!

A MESSENGER FROM GOD HAS VISITED US

******I just knew that I was important!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe in prophecy. Never did. I was afraid of Armageddon. One would expect the Witnesses to give up after so many failures. The sad thing is that few active Witness even know of the all the failures.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

While religious people argue over religious prophesies and others ridicule their foolishness over thousands of years of dud interpretations a real and far more interesting phenomena gets overlooked that seems to be cross cultural and cross religious and this is the phenomena of precognitive dreams. These do occur and are often not explicable via statistical analysis or other methods in the attempt to explain them away. It’s a shame to me this is the case but I though id draw attention to it anyway.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When one realises that the bible was written later then told it become clear that these were not prophecies at all. People that believe I have noticed make excuses for things being written but not turning out the way its written. End of the book of revelations for example. We see and read what we want to. The fact is in the stories of the bible poeple believed because they got evidence to believe yet 2000 years after Christ we have to believe on faith alone. It like the JW's and others thinking we are in the last days yet what about the scripture that give signs of the last days, none of these are happening. Take the scripture in acts that says young ones will prophesy and old ones will dream dreams, well were are these young ones prophesies? And what's even funny is if a young one did prophecy as a jw they would be df'd for it.

Anyway I no longer believe.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

******I just knew that I was important!!!

Are you an EX-JW who has been disfellowshipped?

Did they say this from the Kingdom Hall Platform:

"[fulltimestudent] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness"

(you are not my people)

Romans 9:26

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

Maybe you are important!

That is why I visit this forum.

End time prophecies being fulfilled right under everyones noses while they continue to sleep.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit