Hello believers... Do you still believe in prophecies?

by suavojr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• suavojr
    suavojr

Definition for the word prophecy:

noun [plural proph·e·cies.]
    1. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.
    2. something that is declared by a prophet, especially a divinely inspired prediction, instruction, or exhortation.
    3. a divinely inspired utterance or revelation: oracular prophecies.

For centuries Christians have claim to have seen fulfilled prophecies in their lifetime. Unfortunately every Christian in history has died without seeing the coming of the Christ, peace on earth, the devil an his demons defeated, etc...

They are still waiting and waiting and waiting... Almost 2000 years and people still think Jesus will come back during their lifetime.

It is interesting to see how many believers and the WT included, claim to be fulfilling bible prophecies. The WT with their sats and door to door preaching, other denominations with their miracles, speaking in tongues, snake handling, God speaking to them, etc...

Yet, the definition for prophecy means that we do not need people to act on the details of the prophecy foretold in the bible.
    How can it be considered prophecy, when you know ahead of time and try to fulfill it? Also, how do you know it is God's time to fulfill such a prophecy? Can mankind speedup God's judgement day? I frankly doubt it.

The hard truth is that bible's prophecies should not need people to go out of their ways, to prove that Jesus is coming. The clock is ticking and you can wait for some old story to come true (prophecy), or get up and take responsibility for your life.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes, I still believe in prophecies. I think the next 18 months are going to be very interesting.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lets's bump this thread in 19 months.

• suavojr
    suavojr

A watcher do you care to elaborate?

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

I think if you say something big will happen in the future but don't be too specific then no matter what you say it will happen

people will just try to make your prophecy fit whatever is happening to them at the time

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Hello believers... Do you still believe in prophecies?

Absolutely!

It is my conviction that end time prophecies have been unfolding right under everyones noses for at least the past 100 years.

The overwhelming amount evidence should drive away any thought of skepticism.

Ex-JW's are the most likely candidates to understand the evidence. (and some do!)

In fact I am convinced the EX-JW community is the main target audience of the bible.

That is why I visit this forum.

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

abe

• suavojr
    suavojr

You have to face the facts that Jesus is king and that you will not die before the fulfillment of bible prophecies. Jesus is just waiting another 2,000 years......:(

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

You have to face the facts that Jesus is king and that you will not die before the fulfillment of bible prophecies. Jesus is just waiting another 2,000 years......:(

Looks to me like most believers just want to give themselves permission to keep sleeping.

All the really cool stuff that Jesus Christ said would happen will just continue to elude them.

On the other hand I am very happy that I finally woke up!

Revelation 16:15-16

"Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness." And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

abe ---------------- :)

• a watcher
    a watcher

suavojr, I have at least 3 reasons to believe that the next 18 months will be eventful, but I prefer not to elaborate because it's complicated and I would just be ridiculed. Just think of me as Cassandra.

• prologos
    prologos

prophecy was just fulfilled monday night, eclipse of the moon, combined with close approach of Mars. to the minute. predicted, prophesied, probably a 100 years ago or two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit