New "Donation Arrangement" is a DECOY!

by The Searcher 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

LONGHAIRGAL - I think you've made a very valid point, namely, that the Org wants a section of the flock to hit the road.

Either pay up or check out!! They want to cull the deadwood in the KHs - those who are not contributing financially or in Field Service - now known as Advertise, Advertise, Advertise - JW.ORG!

The Glorious Ones in Brooklyn and their Corporate Advisers are doing their own refining work!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Searcher - "LONGHAIRGAL - I think you've made a very valid point, namely, that the Org wants a section of the flock to hit the road."

I've been suggesting this for a while, now, too.

Two or three million hard-core loyalists are a lot easier to manage than six or seven million fence-sitters.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Really interesting thoughts in this thread.

Pulling directly out of a bank account would be the cheapest way to fleece.

That requires no approved workers at each congregation. No handling of checks and money and no bounced checks.

It does not seem loving to accept checks which could cause the WTB&TS to have unpaid banking fees.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I'm confused by this thread. One of the things I was told when I was a study was that the kingdom hall had a donation box that one can place contributions in, but that they never took collection of money the way evil christendom did.

Even today on their web site they claim this:

Our preaching work is primarily financed by voluntary donations from Jehovah’s Witnesses. No collections are taken at our meetings, and members are not required to tithe. (Matthew 10:7, 8) Instead, contribution boxes are provided in our meeting places so that if someone wishes to make a donation, he may do so. Donors remain anonymous.

So what gives? Were they lying to me and on their web site?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit