New "Donation Arrangement" is a DECOY!

by The Searcher 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Searcher,

Very interesting speculation. I feel you have made an educated guess of what the WT will do in the future. I won't be surprised if something like this happens. They are running a business after all and need regular monthly income to make profits.

Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

For all active Witnesses on here: consider these verses before you "sign the pledge"!!

(Deuteronomy 23:21-23) “If you make a vow to Jehovah your God, do not be slow about paying it. For Jehovah your God will surely require it of you; otherwise, it will be a sin on your part. But if you refrain from making a vow, you will not be guilty of sin. The word of your lips you should keep, and you must carry out what your own mouth vowed as a voluntary offering to Jehovah your God.

Keep a clean conscience - not a clean bank balance!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can try taking funds from my bank account. All I need do is give them a bad routing number that will not connect to anything, and they will have a miserable time trying. Then, when the bank attempts to take funds, I will simply report that they are making an unauthorized attempt to hack into my account to take funds that they forced me to pledge without my consent. About all that will save them at this point is the tactic "You agreed to do all you can for joke-hova when you got baptized. Your baptism is the signature of that contract, and whatever that thing wants you to do, you agreed to do. This contract is legally binding, and right now you are being ordered to give up funds from your bank account."

And let them try the "Satan is attacking the congregation" rubbish on me. I will simply reply "I freely offered my soul to Satan, and He wouldn't even take it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been forced back into this wretched religion. And, if Satan wouldn't even take my soul when I freely offered it, He is certainly not going to do anything now." For all I care, I hope Satan is successful in taking down the whole religion, and all the xian and islam religions together.

• besty
    besty

"i've paid by Bitcoin"

LOL

• bigmac
    bigmac

i think this new pledge arrangement is great. its sure ti be the final straw for a good many of the fluck.

• Infowarrior
    Infowarrior

I remember hearing here in Canada at the meeting a year or 2 ago they mentioned the ability to donate to Watchtower directly from your bank account.

• Listener
    Listener

Great scripture The Searcher. This means that the greedy GB men are actually putting in place an arrangment that will be a casue of stumbling. There is no need for the JW members to pledge an amount. There was a need when they were planning to build or renovate their own congregation but the GB does not need to extract promises from their followers, they should be happy to get whatever they get and without question JWs would still be donating.

As it is, the GB have made a mockery out of resolutions, as they are now saying

"What should be done with other existing resolutions?
    Any previous resolution to support Kingdom Hall construction should be discontinued."

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The sheep are being prepared - some for fleecing, others for slaughter!

--

"Sheep are interesting creatures — docile, timid, and often plain stupid." --- Awake- March 8, 1993

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not to mention that a sheep's ultimate fate is to be sheared, butchered, and eaten.

Funny how that never occured to us when we were still in...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TheSearcher:

I feel sorry for anybody who agrees to this.

Vidiot:

Yes, that is the fate of real sheep - to be consumed. And, I also wonder why that comparison never occurred to me when I was in. I guess I was just daydreaming while listening to boring meetings.

But, as far as the religion's new donation arrangement, I do believe they are testing the waters to see not only what they can get away with, but to slowly plant the idea that people "should" regularly give them money. I would not be surprised to see that something resembling tithing is down the pike. And, never mind that the religion always said "we are not like other religions". The mask is off and quite frankly they do not give a shit how they appear to any of the long-time faithful in the religion.

They want $$ so that the people who told everybody else to work for chump change and not have college or career (COs, DOs, etc.) can live in the style they would like to become accustomed to, at least for the rest of their lives. I believe that this basically is what this is really all about.

The religion, at this point, probably feels that whoever doesn't like it can hit the road.....Happily, I already did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit