Essay by Barbara Anderson: "What's in a Name?"

by AndersonsInfo 48 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

sd-7: It's great that you questioned the accuracy of my claim about jw.org being written on the side of one of the WT factory buildings. I know I saw that photo somewhere last year, but it must have been a photo-shop joke sent to me. I believe I'm suffering from overload, what with all the info I get daily from all over the world so am getting a bit addlepated lately. I can't remove the outrageous claim I made in my post, but I stick by what I said about the name "jw.org", that it will replace the name Watchtower in the future in importance. Accuracy should be the first thing that JW critics should aim for. I goofed and I apologize. Blame it on a "senior moment" or hour or day or...

Barb

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, no problem. I'm just glad it got cleared up. I was wondering if I'd have to drive to New York just to see what the deal was for myself. Not that I was going to, but I've learned not to repeat anything I'm not entirely sure about. But I do appreciate your article and just how much effort you've put into discussing these issues. So...it's cool. I think everyone here does a pretty good job at fact-checking anything posted on the site--keeps us all on our toes.

--sd-7

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I hope someone films the removal of the sign when they leave. Brooklyn Heights must be delighted. They might volunteer to help them pack.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Well, I feel better now. For a bit I thought I was loosing it, but I did see photos of the jw.org sign on several Watchtower buildings and they were not photoshopped. But the signs were not placed where the Read the Bible Daily words were removed. That's where I was wrong.

http://jerryleeandjenny.wordpress.com/ The jw.org sign is towards the end of all the photos at this link.

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/76386728262/removable-magnetic-jw-org-signs-for-cars#sthash.uVFrJaBr.dpbs

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/65434986429/the-new-sign-watchtower-building-usa-new#sthash.I6bnnZv8.dpbs

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/65435063179/the-new-sign-watchtower-building-usa-new#sthash.8BP7ANlq.dpbs

Barbara

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The second line, with "removable magnetic JW.org signs" lol

The one older gentleman is sitting next to his van with a sign that says "How to invest your time wisely". hahahahaha

I have a tip for him. It isn't by sitting next to your van, (down by the river) offering "free" Bible literature to unsuspecting people as they walk by.

Poor Watch Tower drone. If he was able, he could work and make money for himself and his family, or volunteer at something worthwhile, like at a real charity, instead of "counting his time" to be a WT unpaid salesman.

LoisLane

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for the links to the photos Barbara!

In the essay they mention it was NOT the GB that wanted to move out of Brooklyn, it was Jehovah who wanted them to move!

Oh, so Jehovah wanted to get the billion dollars by selling his buildings? I did not realize that Jehovah needed the money! lol!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

BTTT

good information that needs to be reviewed :-)

• fiddler
    fiddler

Enjoy your writings always Barbara! 

I used to try to keep up to date on the many names or ways to refer to the JW religion. Now, not so much...I call them 'the society', JW's but also by the most accurate name 'destructive cult' and can't leave out 'the Borg'! This rebranding just seems ridiculous to me but as one of your other essays on the history of JW's makes clear...it's nothing really new to them. Their name changes with their updating of outdated info. 

Anyway, I also wanted to relate a little story about my introduction to YOU. Although I didn't know at the time it was you being spoken of I'm pretty certain now that it was. It was shortly before I left the religion for good in 1999 and two sisters were discussing 'That Woman' in rather snarling tones. I was giving a violin lesson to the daughter of one of the sisters and so only got bits of the conversation but I always was curious as to who 'That Woman' was.  I got the impression she was placed pretty high up in the organization (high for a woman anyway) and that she was some kind of super traitor. 

LOL! Like I said, I figured out a few years later that it was probably you. As I said, I love your writings and I now know that you, like Ray Franz, were not a traitor but a whistle blower.  Thank you so much for all your very important work!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Andersonsinfo - "Wow, OUTLAW, is that the new cover for the magazine that used to be called 'Watchtower'? It's perfect."

It's certainly inspired me:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit