Memorial Musings

by undercover 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

undercover - 10. And finally - the speaker alluded to, and it was quick, the fact that we could live to see the end of this system and live through to the paradise. He didn't dwell on it. It was so quick it was almost subliminal. Yet, it was there. Dangling that 'live forever' carrot is part of their M.O. still

I'm amazed that no one said anything about the "King of the North" considering the opportunity to capitalize on the situation in the Ukraine. It would have made for a more exciting finish!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• prologos
    prologos

In one other memorial talk,-- I heard about, the illustration was about -- you being

on death row for

an ancestor's crime,

then,-- before your time comes,

you are set free, because

another, innocent, had already been executed, for you [on demand of the judge]

WHAT A BALLED - UP JUDICIAL SYSTEM made in -- where? and then

my question: how come you are still sick, tortured with pain, dying?

the judiscial system is even worse then the illustration implies:

infomercial at the end for bor.org and study,meetings needed to claim the price--eventually, soon.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I agree with other posters who attended the memorial.....It was 90%+ Jehovah, verses from Isaiah and who should not partake with less than 10% allotted to Jesus.

Early on in the talk, the speaker (a local Elder) had the audience turn to John 3:16. Before reading the verse he prefaced it by saying that Christendom puts the wrong emphasis when reading this verse.

John 3:16 states: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

The speaker re-read the words 'For God loved the world so much' and stated that the correct emphasis should be on what God did for mankind and not what Jesus Christ did for mankind.

That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the boring 1 hour talk.......90% who knows what and 10% Jesus!

The general public have good reason to say that Jehovah's Witnesses do not really believe in Jesus! Last nights' memorial talk certainly demonstrated that belief in Jesus among JWs amounts to 10% or less!

• BU2B
    BU2B

Our speaker used the illustration of a man getting strapped into the electric chair.. They have got the helmet on you, ready to flip the switch and here comes Jesus kicking down the door, takes you out of the chair, gets in himself and takes the punishment. That is what Jesus has done for us.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

BU2B, the speaker at our memorial emphasized Jehovah as the one coming to my rescue. He read at John 3:16 where he stressed ....'God loved the world soooo much that...........'

Not Jesus.....but it was God who loved the world soooo much (his exact words)!

He further stated that Christendom misplaces the emphasis and stresses Jesus Christ when he said it should be....... Jehovah.

I felt like shouting out 'Hey, nitwit read John 17:3 where Jesus Christ himself says:'

'This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.'

Very disturbing! I zoned out after the speaker made that blunder of a statement.

So in WT world Jesus Christ really does take a back seat!

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Our speaker kept mentioning that when Jesus said "this is my body/blood" he wasn't being literal like "some churches teach" like up until now, no one knew

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Hey the Memorial is the closest thing to ritual that JW's have so they need to be be present as "respectful observers". When Jesus said "keep doing THIS" how many "respectful observers" was he talking too? Yep you got it.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• oppostate
    oppostate

I went to a Massachussetts congregation during the second (less packed together) session.

The first session went over by 20 minutes. The KH was really packed in. One brother waiting

outside to get in commented to others waiting on either side of the exiting horde, "Wow, the

Hall tonight looks like one of those circus cabs when all the clowns start getting out of the car"

and so many of us laughed out loud and thought it so very accurate a statement.

One new partaker in the first session, an older brother, in good standing, but not a servant.

In the second session another brother partook there, it's a very new congregation and this

is the first time anyone has partaken in the last three Memorials/years they've been holding

meetings.

I thought it very funny when a Bible Student reached into the plate to take a piece of

flat bread and his "teacher" grabbed his hand and shook his head no, the poor young

guy just shrugged his shoulders. It reminded me of what Jesus said to the Pharisees

about preventing others to enter the Kingdom of the Heavens and that they themselves

did not go in.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

I didn’t go again (4 yrs. now) my wife went with a couple in the congregation. Thanks for the summary and highlights from the talk. I am still quite amazed that they will use every opportunity to plug their website. They the GB, have somehow (foolishly) convinced themselves that this total immersion and promotion of jw.org is the answer for all that ails them. They are so committed to this website, even with all the countless others that expose them using their own literature. Time will tell.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am so slow sometimes. Most Bible studies from truly Christian churches would expect that the Eucharist is open. Well, the emblems. I was wondering why they are so afraid. JAH could not negate the actions of a newcomer? His power is missing. I don't see why anyone should call them a Christian faith. Some Jews believe in Jesus more than Witnesses do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit