Memorial Musings

by undercover 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

were i went a black mass was in session until i partook and saved the day from Satan. LOL

• prologos
    prologos

here is a reverse memorial, scripturally supported.:

The anointed will go to heaven, so they have to die (everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die). but IF

you die,-- you payed for your sins,-- have clean slate,-- dont need redemption to go up that way to heaven.-- St. Peter take note! but

The Other Sheep will survive Armageddon, never die [so wt says since 1918] so,-- they will not pay for their sins EVER !They need the benefit of the CUP, the sin-forgiving NEW covenant. so

to make sense, it is The Other sheep that have to take the wine the bread, to have their sins forgiven, not the anointed.

wrong scripturally ?? look at the account:

The disciples NOT ANOINTED were served the wine told to drink all of you,

the only anointed present did not join in that round of the wine-slurping.

funny stories call for funny explanations.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I zoned out. My plan was to jot down contradictions or crazh stuff but... i didnt.

I am a new unbaptized pub, my h was raised dub. he was inactive for several years. he knows i do not believe the kw teaching now...he has been sensitive about it...so imagine my surprise when he started whispering jokes in my ear...about how there were only 2 crackers on each plate, how the sudden onset of crying children was because they couldnt eat a cracker, and he even laughed when i said i should have brought my own crackerz to start noisely chewing after i passed the plate to see what people would say. so we had some fun lol

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Same outline and same illustration here in my part of the world (Western Europe). I also noticed the heavy emphasys on Jehovah rather than in Jesus, whose memorial we were supposed to be observing.

Eden

• heathen
    heathen

apparently they did not go on about the blood moon meaning something like the rest of the whores out there but I agree , thanking jesus for doing the actual work would have been appropriate , if you don't eat or drink you are not supposed to go anyway according to pauls writings since this thing was about an actual feast and those that showed up were to share their food and wine , so ridiculous they insist members to stay home from work just for the meeting so they can show how many come, in their publications .

• Clambake
    Clambake

I just love how during the speech they just gloss right over huge portions with dogma with no explaination what so ever.

" the bible clearly says there is two hopes for mankind " ...........where ??

" the bible clearly says only the 144,000 are in these new convanent ?? ...........huh ??

It is like 1 + 1 = 4 over and over.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have not attended since walking away a good few years ago, but something struck me from Undercover's post, where he said that they (and I quote from memory") "smiled" but something seemed "dead behind the eyes", (or "substance thereof", LOL).

I was a born-in, and I attended 58 memorials as far as I know, Mom may have kept me at home for one or maybe two early on, but I always remember the feeling that it was weird, and unreal, and that I could not wait for it to be over.

I also felt a feeling of depression and sadness afterward. As I look back and analyse that now, I think it was a feeling of unfulfillment, the whole ceremony should have been the High Point of a believers year, yet it did nothing for me.

I wonder how many active JW's really feel as I did ? I wonder if it is really the one Meeting of the year when Cognitive Dissonance really hits ?

The whole thing is so silly, so unbelievable, and so very pointless that it must seep through to most JW's that something is VERY WRONG !

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I think it's been four or five years since I've been to one. I didn't even get a call from my family this time until 5:30 the day of, which I didn't answer. Things have are turning out quite well for me on that front.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Later on when the speaker directed us to the verses to be read while the emblems were passes, my SO leans over again and says "yeah, because why would we want to read it from the Gospels?"

Unless it has changed in the new "silver sword" this is the only place mistranslated to say "keep doing this" the gospels don't show it as a recurring thing.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Our speaker used the illustration of a man getting strapped into the electric chair.. They have got the helmet on you, ready to flip the switch and here comes Jesus kicking down the door, takes you out of the chair, gets in himself and takes the punishment. That is what Jesus has done for us.

LOL! Seriously?

Our speaker kept mentioning that when Jesus said "this is my body/blood" he wasn't being literal like "some churches teach" like up until now, no one knew

LOL! You guys are killin' me! This is great stuff.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit