Does anyone remember the article which mentioned that many non-jws would survive armageddon?

by cultBgone 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Any chance that digital articles might be different from those originally published?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't remember any statement to that affect. The closest I recall is what Blondie quoted, which does not say worldly pepole will be saved, but could be taken as such if someone wants to read more into the statement than is intended.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't remember any statement to that affect. The closest I recall is what Blondie quoted, which does not say worldly pepole will be saved, but could be taken as such if someone wants to read more into the statement than is intended.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

May be this one?

"Armageddon will destroy only the incorrigibly wicked, and there will be “a great crowd” of survivors."

w11 9/1 p. 10

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011644

A typical public WT statement. They would never ever put anything like this on print in the internal WT mag.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

I don't know where, but yes, I've seen it. And actually, my mother was saying something to that effect to me recently. If she's saying it, it's somewhere in the literature. Probably recently. If I come across it, I'll post the info.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have occasionaly come out with pieces of blurred rhetoric, to salve the consciences of the faithful; e.g.

Wt 98 8/15 p20

18 With complete confidence in Jehovah’s righteousness, we need not worry about finding answers to questions like: ‘How will babies and small children be judged? Might it be that a large number of people will not yet have been reached with the good news when Armageddon arrives? What about the mentally ill? What about . . . ?’ Granted, at present we may not know how Jehovah will resolve these issues. He will do so, however, in a righteous and merciful way. We should never doubt that. In fact, we may be amazed and delighted to observe him resolve them in a way that we never even considered.

They also do it to fulfil P R requirements. A good example is this piece of doublespeak on JW.Org.

Do You Feel That You Are The Only People To Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “ there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous. ” ( Acts 24:15 ) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.

Notice that they avoid directly saying that non believers at the end will be spared. Also, since the teaching is now that all judging lies in the future, if someone's unbelieving relative dies they are happy to talk of a ressurection for them .

A more typical and representative view was found in this quote, showing their total disregard for human feelings outside of their movement (at least on the Writing Committee)

Wt 05 12/1 p6

Those who respond favorably to the good news can survive Armageddon and live forever in perfection on a paradise earth. (Ezekiel 18:23, 32; Zephaniah 2:3; Romans 10:13) Is this not what one would expect from a God who is love?—1 John 4:8.
    Can a God of Love Fight?
    Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

They way JWs treat those who disagree with them (not even greeting them, not even eating with them), and the way they treat woman (not giving them any leadership positions) put JWs as violators of the “Kingly Law” found in James 2:8, hence make them the “the disgusting thing stands in the holy place” and “Man of lawlessness.” Hence, when the Armageddon strikes, it could be the JWs who are going to be struck FIRST!

• designs
    designs

There is a passage in Corinthians that says the spouse of a believer will be saved because of the believer but the Society never uses it.

• Island Man
    Island Man

You will find no such article in any Watchtower from recent decades. All you will find is ambiguous spin from the Watchtower worded to give the impression that some non-JWs could possibly survive. But you will not find any direct and explicit statements about many non-JWs surviving. The Watchtower is very careful to maintain the line that you must be baptized in association with the organization to have any valid hope of being saved at Armageddon. The only concessions they will make is for non-JW minor children of JW parents and the 'progressive bible studies' of JWs.

• blondie
    blondie

In Marriage. The apostle Paul tells the married Christian: “The unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would really be unclean, but now they are holy.” Through Jehovah’s regard for the Christian, his (or her) marriage relationship with his unbelieving mate is not considered to be defiling. The cleanness of the sanctified one does not sanctify the mate as one of God’s holy ones, but the relationship is clean, honorable. The unbelieving mate has a fine opportunity to receive benefits from observing the Christian course of the believer and may himself be saved. ( 1Co 7:14-17 ) Because of the ‘merit’ of the believer, the young children of the union are considered holy, under divine care and protection—not unclean as are children who do not have even one believing parent.—See HOLINESS (Holiness Blessed by Jehovah).

IT2, 856-860, SANCTIFICATION

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit