Does anyone remember the article which mentioned that many non-jws would survive armageddon?

by cultBgone 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I seem to think it was a November WT issue but can't remember precisely, but it was probably printed within the last three years. After being told for years and years that everyone not a jw would be destroyed, this was amazing to see in print! Yet when I pointed it out to others, they just shrugged it off and left me wondering what I was missing...

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Is that the one where Black Beard is shown sitting down having a Bible study, ruffled shirt, beard and all? In the next frame he is shown sans beard, sword and is giving his life experience. Is that the one?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

• blondie
    blondie

I can't remember anything except before 1950. There was a response in the 50's that non-jws would not survive.

Check www.jwfacts.com for all the quotes that say only jws will survive.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

No, don't think I remember that! This was just a statement at the very end of an article...actually it may have been in the magazine with Armageddon yada yada on the cover.

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, no one here would miss that statement...I suggest you seem to know what it said, check at www.jw.org and let us know what you find out.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Sorry Blondie, was responding to Just Visiting...your comment wasn't showing when I posted.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Do you mean this?

Today, some may be inclined to speculate about matters regarding Jehovah’s future judgments, such as who exactly will survive Armageddon or who will receive a resurrection. Rather than allowing such thoughts to disturb us, we can recall Abraham’s question. Knowing Jehovah as a benevolent heavenly Father and having complete confidence in his justice and mercy, as Abraham did, prevents us from wasting time and energy on unnecessary worry, weakening doubt, and useless debate - w10 4/15 p. 14

Or perhaps the FAQ on the website? http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

• Violia
    Violia

If any statement close the that were ever made it would just be a CYA. They fall back on that so they don't have to answer the question " so are you saying only jws will survive Armageddon"? No Jehovah makes those decisions. PURE CYA.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I've pulled all the mags around the Feb 2012 Armageddon issue and haven't located it yet...but I'm going to keep looking. Part of the reason it made such an impression was that some elders commented on it in a social setting.

(looking for my Sherlock cap....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit